My land? Your land? Scotland?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Doug 16 Feb 2018

I've only read the abstract so far but thought that a recent paper titled "My land? Your land? Scotland? —understanding sectoral similarities and differences in Scottish land use visions" in the journal Regional Environmental Change might be of interest. 

Abstract
Understanding agreement and differences between land use visions forms a first step for assessing and comparing alternative pathways towards a sustainable future. This study presents an analysis of 20 semi-structured interviews with representatives of the principal land use sectors in Scotland. The aim was to understand what, in their ideal vision, they would want rural Scotland to look like in 2050. Inductive content analysis was used to identify similarities and differences amongst interviewees. There was general agreement on the following: the importance of the environment; the wish for more partnerships, dialogue and collaboration; the desire for society to be more engaged and aware about land use;
and a strong need for short-, medium- and long-term policies helping to achieve these goals. The most notable differences relate to land ownership and governance. The outcomes form a basis for further facilitated discussions, emphasising common ground and exploring where, how and to what degree land use sectors can prepare and plan in the light of uncertainties posed by Brexit and climate change. The method was effective for understanding commonalities and differences between stakeholder groups and is transferable to other countries or regions.

See https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323201631_My_land_Your_land_Scotla...

timjones 16 Feb 2018
In reply to Doug:

> I've only read the abstract so far but thought that a recent paper titled "My land? Your land? Scotland? —understanding sectoral similarities and differences in Scottish land use visions" in the journal Regional Environmental Change might be of interest. 

> Abstract

> Understanding agreement and differences between land use visions forms a first step for assessing and comparing alternative pathways towards a sustainable future. This study presents an analysis of 20 semi-structured interviews with representatives of the principal land use sectors in Scotland. The aim was to understand what, in their ideal vision, they would want rural Scotland to look like in 2050. Inductive content analysis was used to identify similarities and differences amongst interviewees. There was general agreement on the following: the importance of the environment; the wish for more partnerships, dialogue and collaboration; the desire for society to be more engaged and aware about land use;

> and a strong need for short-, medium- and long-term policies helping to achieve these goals. The most notable differences relate to land ownership and governance. The outcomes form a basis for further facilitated discussions, emphasising common ground and exploring where, how and to what degree land use sectors can prepare and plan in the light of uncertainties posed by Brexit and climate change. The method was effective for understanding commonalities and differences between stakeholder groups and is transferable to other countries or regions.

Is anyone up for a game of bullshit bingo

starbug 16 Feb 2018
In reply to timjones:

We interviewed 20 people about what they thought of the rural future in scotland.
They thought there may be some polices required.
More discussion is required about Brexit and climate change.
Some of this information may be useful to other countries or regions.

Now about that B8ll Sh!t bingo game

Ridge 16 Feb 2018
In reply to starbug:

Vision...Pathways... sustainable... partnerships... dialogue... collaboration... facilitated...

One more for a full house...

...stakeholder

HOUSE!!!

wintertree 16 Feb 2018
In reply to Doug:

> Inductive content analysis 

Use of near field effects to identify resonant views?

timjones 16 Feb 2018
In reply to starbug:

> We interviewed 20 people about what they thought of the rural future in scotland.

> They thought there may be some polices required.

> More discussion is required about Brexit and climate change.

> Some of this information may be useful to other countries or regions.

> Now about that B8ll Sh!t bingo game

Now why couldn't they have said that

starbug 16 Feb 2018
In reply to Ridge:

Now trying desperately to get;

"Inductive content analysis"

into my next conversation with my manager

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...