Running Watch with Navigation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TL2309 13 Feb 2018

Looking to try and track down a GPS watch which can track running/cycling etc but also provide OS grid references. Has anyone got any suggestions for something that won't blow the bank (~£200 max)?

A look through the forums suggests that this has been asked a lot, but can't find a convincing answer...

Post edited at 22:05
 DaveHK 13 Feb 2018
In reply to TL2309:

If you hunt around you can get a Suunto Ambit 3 for that. Sportpursuit had good deals on them recently.

r0b 13 Feb 2018
In reply to TL2309:

Garmin 310XT definitely does OS grid references (I have one). A quick Google suggests the 910XT does too.

steelbru 14 Feb 2018
In reply to TL2309:

For the newer Garmin watches where you can add apps/widgets/data-fields via the Connect IQ store then there is a Data Field called OS Grid Ref that you can add to the watch https://apps.garmin.com/en-GB/apps/2f30fe76-c14a-46e9-a606-76ced27dd776 see the link for the watches this is compatible with. I have it on a Garmin 230 which are pretty cheap these days.

Note for the Data Field to show you have to be recording an activity ( run, cycle, walk, etc ). The same developer has also developed a widget to show the OS Grid Ref, the difference being you can see the widget when you are not recording an activity, eg if just walking around and you want your location.  The widget is https://apps.garmin.com/en-GB/apps/07b03259-24c8-4828-b949-2e48ef04a2c5

You can have both the Data Field and the widget on your watch

In reply to steelbru:

the 310 definitely does and can be had for less than £200 second hand

kathrync 14 Feb 2018
In reply to steelbru:

Yes, this works well and should work with any newer watch that can use Connect IQ apps.  It is great on my Fenix 5s and works well on my partner's VivoActive too.

InstinctualRunner 14 Feb 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

Lovely piece

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...