SHOW REPORT: ISPO 2018 - Climbing Hardware

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 05 Feb 2018
ISPO CLIMBING HARDWARE, 4 kbThe UKC team recently returned from the annual gear-fest in Munich: ISPO 2018. Here are some video interviews with brand representatives, who talked us through the key features of their latest creations in climbing hardware.

Read more
 TobyA 05 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

From the Edelrid video description:

"the worlds lightest Karbala at 19g!"

There's some interesting auto-correct going on there! From the word karabiner, to the name of an Iraqi city. And to get an A* in your RE GCSE, who can explain the importance of Karbala in Shia Muslim tradition?

AdamLud 06 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

Wait, did the guy from Black Diamond just say he doesn't want to call chalk a chemical, because it isn't a chemical!? The crap these guys will say to sell a product.

Upsalite does look rather promising though. I have been wondering why none of the big brands have thought about using it.

Post edited at 12:40
 jay.mac 06 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

"the head wobble issue,  not yours, the previous axes" !

Ha ha

In reply to UKC Gear:

The Petzl rep saying 'problem eliminated' regarding the head wobble seems a bit of a spit in the face for all the people that supposedly 'abused' their axes in a not-for-purpose way. Still absolutely baffled as to why they didn't accept the fault, fix the issue and not alienate climbers. I wouldn't touch a Petzl tool with a barge pole after that. 

petellis 13 Feb 2018
In reply to AdamLud:

> Upsalite does look rather promising though. I have been wondering why none of the big brands have thought about using it.

Probably because its expensive and not really necessary.  I'm sure used properly this stuff will make your hands even drier, but normal chalk dries sweat off hands to cracking point as it is.  A chalk bag full of saturated mesoporous chalk (as it will be after its been in your chalk bag for a week) isn't really going to make much difference in the real world use because you will have to open the bag immediately before use to prevent it absorbing moisture from the air.  

At least there is more to this than the friction labs selling the same Hydromagnesite (chalk) as the next company but pretending to be scientists in order to market the emperors new clothes.

Looking forward to picking up the discarded condom bags that the black diamond stuff comes in at the bottom of my local crag soon....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...