REVIEW: Rab Guide Glove Short

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 23 Jan 2018
Plenty of insulation if you're plunging the axe in deep snow all day, 3 kbThis waterproof insulated glove is just as tough and dextrous as the original Guide Glove, but with a less bulky cuff it fits more easily under your sleeves, says Dan Bailey

Read more
 nscnick 25 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Absolutely brilliant glove, BUT .. as with all Rab gloves they are a tight fit.  Their large is more akin to big medium for all other manufacturers.  Their XL is not a reliable fit either.  I have 2 pairs of the guide glove, which I wear in preference to anything else as long as the weather is dry.  Changing these gloves with damp or wet hands is EXTREMELY difficult as they stick to the backs of your hands and fingers don't slide in.  So in practice I start off with Rab and then when they wet out (all gloves do eventually) change to Marmot.

williap 02 Feb 2018

Having only just last week brought a pair of guides for a trip to Norway, I was keen to see how the short was reviewed. They sound good and I generally agree with everything said about the guide gloves overall. Only thing I’m disappointed in is that a have clear wear on the leather we’re the thumb and finger join after only 5 days use! Not as durable as I had been led to believe, but did feel great to climb in and stayed warm even when wet so still a great buy overall. They take a while to dry out afterwards mind!

Post edited at 15:20
 Arete 05 Feb 2018

I'm not sure the next-to-non-existent inflation since 2014 has much to do with that huge price hike  
Do they give a temperature rating? I find myself looking at BD, OR and ME instead because they give indicative temp ratings which are very useful. 

Post edited at 12:23
In reply to Arete:

We're on, what, roughly 3% inflation now - which is a several year high? Plus it's quite likely the collapse in the value of Sterling has had an impact when it comes to companies that source materials and manufacture overseas? I did have a line on that too, but I took it out - it's a gear review, not a critique of the folly of Brexit. 

There's no temperature rating. Being a very cold-handed person for whom they'd almost certainly be meaningless, I'm surprised anyone offers one for a glove.

Go with the glove that fits best, all other things being roughly equal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...