Alternatives to Paramo Aspira Salopettes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve Perry 17 Jan 2018

Paramo have discontinued making the Aspira Salopettes which is a bummer because mine are trashed and I like them. I can possibly get them repaired by Paramo but before going down that road wondered if there was a good alternative? I'm not keen on layers of pants. The Aspiras meant one layer did the job and I prefer salopettes as your pants can't slip say thrutching up a chimney. Any recommendations appreciated, thanks.

Post edited at 23:29
 Mike-W-99 17 Jan 2018
In reply to Steve Perry:

Hi Steve, Cioch will make you a pair made to measure but it'll cost you obviously.

OP Steve Perry 17 Jan 2018
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Forgot about Cioch, good call. Cheers Mike.

In reply to Steve Perry:

I'm with you on this, mines are also wearing thin (bought second hand on here). Have taken them to local seamstress, along with old cut up TNF goretex jacket reinforced shoulder, to cover up holed knees and instep, collect this Friday. French Erick on here managed to source a new black pair online from somewhere?

Stuart

??

OP Steve Perry 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Stuart the postie:

I think there are pairs kicking about on EBay which I'm also checking. May just send them to Paramo for an assessment but my years of repairs may not help on that front.

top cat 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Steve Perry:

WTF.....are Paramo thinking about?  These are the best item they have in their range........[or were]

Post edited at 09:24
In reply to top cat:

My thoughts exactly, they're such a good product. We should demand an explanation lol.

Denzil 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Steve Perry:Paramo Enduro with braces. Been using them for over 4 years and surviving well.

Fiona Reid 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Steve Perry:

What size do you need? 

If it's any use, then there's currently a size small of the salopettes on Gumtree for £60 (just stick Paramo into the search) there's also another brand new pair for £100 on Gumtree but the seller hasn't listed the size. 

Fiona Reid 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Denzil:

> Paramo Enduro with braces. Been using them for over 4 years and surviving well.

Interesting, do the Enduro trousers have re-enforced knees/ankles/backside etc?

I have the ladies equivalent, the Ventura, and stuck two holes in the knee following a buried boulder encounter in Torridon. I find them great for winter walking but will stick to my Aspiras for climbing as I think I'd shred the Ventura very quickly... 

Post edited at 11:43
 Denzil 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Fiona Reid:

No, they don’t have the same strength of reinforcement, but they do use a heavier grade material in the high wear spots. 

Pipecleaner 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Steve Perry:

Hi, I've got some enduro trousers too. If its cold they're absolutely brilliant.  The reinforcement isn't super sturdy looking but mine are holding up fairly well after three winters and a lot of use.  Theres a bit of scuffing on the thigh but pretty unmarked elswhere save for the integrated gaiters which have a few holes from crampon strap rubbing...they still work fine tho.

If its mild...ie above freezing you'll get sweaty and they're not great if you're working hard and it's raining.  They are however fantastic in cold, great mobility and a nice cut...at least on me.  Only thing i'd change is a proper bib and sell them with braces...they don't stay on me without.

hope this is of some use.

In reply to Fiona Reid:

> What size do you need? 

> If it's any use, then there's currently a size small of the salopettes on Gumtree for £60

I contacted them, cheers.

In reply to Pipecleaner:

They'd be great with a bib.

DaveHK 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Steve Perry:

Hey Steve, have you tried phoning the Paramo shop in Keswick? I went in and told them it was a shame they'd stopped making them.  They said they didn't market them but still made them for MRT teams and the like. They posted me out a pair from the warehouse in Oct 2016 and Erick got a pair in this way late on last year.

Post edited at 14:11
 Solaris 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Fiona Reid:

Another thing to keep in mind if you are familiar with how these garments used to be is that the new ones I saw a few weeks back no longer have the full length side zips and separately droppable backside.

OP Steve Perry 19 Jan 2018
In reply to DaveHK: I can try that Dave but (thanks to Fiona) I've found a new pair on Gumtree. The Aspiras live on!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...