Mountain Bike Lights

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hudson 15 Jan 2018

Recommendations please... Looking for a new set of front lights for off road at night. Preferably a set without separate battery.

Chris the Tall 15 Jan 2018
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Probably not the cheapest option, but I use two Exposure lights - Reflex (2000 lumens) on the front and Joystick (1000 lumens) on my helmet. Very solid and reliable. However after 4 years of very regular use I'm starting to find the battery life on the Reflex is a bit erratic. It tells me I have 2 hours of max, that drops quite quickly, but actually lasts a long time on the lower settings. And then when I come to recharge it, it tells me I'm at 60% when it's being saying it's fully drained.

However I'm told Exposure's after-sales service is excellent, so may well send it off to them once winter is over.    

cousin nick 15 Jan 2018
In reply to Andy Hudson:

I've been very happy with my Magicshine:

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/bike-lights/mj-858-1000-lumens-2015-model.htm...

they have a range to suit all needs/budgets.

N

Dark-Cloud 15 Jan 2018
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Three exposure lights in our household, Race MKII and Maxx D and Joystick, no complaints here.

CHarrison 16 Jan 2018

Another vote for exposure, I have a Mk12 joystick that is fantastic, a friend still uses his ancient joystick and is happy with it.

For my barlight I use a Lezyne 1500xxl road light which works really well, I can ride my local trails at full daytime pace after dark.

Both lights have more than enough battery life usually showing over 50% remaining after a 3-4 hour ride if your sensible with the power setting using low for climbing and high for the technical bits 

MGT 17 Jan 2018
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Exposure here too, did try an eBay special but started smoking one day in the office.

Magicshine seem to get some good reviews.

Ridge 17 Jan 2018
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

> Three exposure lights in our household, Race MKII and Maxx D and Joystick, no complaints here.

I'm not googling 'exposure joystick' at work.

MGT 17 Jan 2018
In reply to Andy Hudson:

I run a joystick on helmet and toro on bars. Joystick also good for a bit of a flashing light in the summer if I venture on road.

Had a small issue with the toro and USE customer service was great.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...