Ecrins ice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Climber Phil 14 Jan 2018

Anyone got up to date info on the ice conditions for the Ecrins area. Wondering about snow depth too. 

Removed User 15 Jan 2018
In reply to Master of Ice:

http://conditions.ice-fall.com/

Snow...lots of it. Do you want to know for approaches or skiing?

Climber Phil 15 Jan 2018
In reply to Removed User:hey andy. For approaches. Heading out soon so just wondering what we’re going to be up against 

Removed User 16 Jan 2018

Great for skiing. Most of the access roads to the ice venues are OK. Occasionally you will need chains: or better still snow tyres.

Hamish56 16 Jan 2018

Hey, Also heading out on Saturday, been following an IFMGA guide out in fressinere on Instagram, he's pretty sound and is giving me an ice-plan of good routes that suit grade/ability closer to the time.  He's posting up pics almost everyday so can see what's in condition etc. Will PM you details if that helps.

Climber Phil 16 Jan 2018
In reply to Tinsel:hi  that would be awesome thank you. Have an awesome time out there 

neilwiltshire 16 Jan 2018
In reply to Tinsel:

Can you post his instagram here?

Toby_W 17 Jan 2018

I'm so jealous, so many great routes, post a pic when you get back and post something.

Cheers

Toby

Sylvian B 19 Jan 2018
In reply to neilwiltshire:

He might be talking about that guide "Jonathan Joly", check his Instagram he does post pictures every day almost.

Sylvian

mick taylor 19 Jan 2018

My mate lives just uphill from La Grave - more snow than you can shake a stick at - mega dump t'other day.  Ice was a bit thin though, but should be building nicely.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...