Crampons for Scarpa Cumbre 47

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gerrardo 08 Jan 2018
Hi I was wondering if I could get some advice on what crampons will fit on a Scarpa Cumbre EU 47.

I honestly have no idea what will fit because of how asymmetrical they are. I was looking at a Black Diamond Sabertooth but then I'm not too sure if they will fit at all! Then I've also heard the G14s will fit but they don't look very asymmetrical.

Any advice at all will be brilliant! (And if anyone has used Berghaus Yeti Gaiters, what are they like?)

Thanks in advance!
 GarethSL 08 Jan 2018
In reply to gerrardo:

You can buy asymmetric centre bars for Grivel and BD crampons as an accessory. This may help solve the curvature problem but then length might become an issue.

Also the BD asymmetric bars appear to only be available as a flex option, which may not be so ideal as these are a thinner spring steel bar. I think these are primarily designed for bendy boots with crampons that have a strap binding as opposed to step in (I may be wrong).

http://grivel.com/products/ice/accessories/52-super_asymmetrical_bar

https://eu.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_NO/climbing%2Fcrampons-BD400675POLS...
 Fiskavaig 09 Jan 2018
In reply to gerrardo:

I have the same size Cumbres, the only crampon i could find, that fits well, is the old Charlet moser S12. (if you can find a pair)( try ebay) really good fit, and no problem getting the front points in the right position. Hope this helps .
 SouthernSteve 09 Jan 2018
In reply to gerrardo:

I have these boots with Grivels and asymmetric bars - they work well.
 nniff 10 Jan 2018
In reply to gerrardo:

Charlet M12, as above, fit well enough - slightly offset to the instep side, but not a problem. Closest contemporary equivalent is Petzl Lynx, I think, for which I believe you can get asymmetric bars, which would improve the fit still more.
OP gerrardo 22 Jan 2018
In reply to gerrardo:

Just to let ye know I've went for a pair of BD Sabertooth. A friend of mine got them in the end and they fit perfectly! 

Unfortunately couldn't find a pair of Charlet M12 that were going.

Thanks again guys!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...