Expedition Database: Mountain Info online?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joe j 18 Dec 2017
I think I remember that 'Mountain Info' compiled/edited by Lindsay Griffin was, for a time, available online. Is this no longer the case? I have struggled to find it.

I have found the other useful resources:

RGS Expedition Database
Himalayan Index
BMC Expedition Database

Any other places worth looking for expedition reports and records related exploratory mountaineering?
 tistimetogo 18 Dec 2017
In reply to joe j:

http://www.mountain.ru combined with google translate can be useful for parts of Asia.
 ebdon 18 Dec 2017
In reply to joe j:

The American alpine journal database is excellent
The alpine club website also has a good database of reports
 Wil Treasure 18 Dec 2017
In reply to joe j:

This used to be archived on the Climb Magazine website. Since they went digital and changed their website they seem to have disappeared.

The Alpine Club Library in London is a good resource for this. If you have specific things get in touch with them and they'll send you copies for a donation. You can visit in person too.
 Mr. Lee 18 Dec 2017
In reply to joe j:

Yes the American Alpine Journal online reports are the best place. In around the last five years there's regularly been additional photos and background information on areas included with the reports, so similar to what you got with Mountain Info. Lindsay Griffin publishes at least the Asian stuff (not sure about the other areas).

The Mountain Everest Foundation (MEF) reports also worth checking out for British stuff.

Think I've found some stuff on the DAV website from memory.
OP joe j 21 Dec 2017
In reply to joe j:

Thanks for the responses. All useful sources of information.

Shame that Mountain Info is no longer easily available.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...