Canadian Belay Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Louis Kennedy 14 Dec 2017
Hey,
just wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction of a good belay jacket of mixed/ ice climbing in the Rockies and that would be multi functional (for possible trips in the future i.e. Andies, Greenland, winter alpinism etc.)
I've been looking at the ME Annapurna and Rab Batura, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they're probably a bit bulky for what I am looking for: any suggestions? (Or am I looking at something more like a ME K7/ Gasherbrum?)
I don't have a set budget - it just has to be notoriously respected and durable, because I'll be using it until duct tape is solely holding the down in the baffles...
Louis.
 Timmd 14 Dec 2017
In reply to Louis Kennedy:

Would these down jackets tolerate any moisture well enough?
 drsdave 14 Dec 2017

you could do a lot worse than look at PHD jacket.....well known for lightness, artic supplier for expeditions and damn, the cost but I bet they'll work.
 Mr Fuller 14 Dec 2017

K7 is perfect for all of the above, basically designed for everything you've just mentioned.

Note - I work for ME.
 Jeff Ingman 14 Dec 2017

Hi Louis, for Canada and other venues with 'dry' cold conditions I've used the PHD delta jacket. It's got down insulation with goretex protection inside and out. This means that you can put it on over damp or sweaty clothes without the usual worry of wetting the down from the inside. Have a good trip......Jeff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...