Best bit of Pembrokeshire Coast Path

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 phja 11 Dec 2017
Hi.

Looking at doing a section of the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, we have about 5 days so cannot do the whole path. Does anyone who’s done it have a view on which section is the most spectacular??

Thanks
 lone 11 Dec 2017
In reply to phja:

I really enjoyed from Capeston, just before Dale (SM 865 093) to Strumble Head, very scenic indeed

just one lovely cove after another and nice beaches to walk along like Broadhaven and Newgale to name a few.

L
womblingfree 11 Dec 2017
In reply to phja:

I did the Northen half in March last year, Broad Haven to Cardigan. I Can reccomend Broad Haven to St David's, and the next few days. Takes in Newgale, Solva, the Blue Lagoon etc.

Fishguard to Cardigan I was a bit less impressed with, but might have been knackered by then.

South Pembs is prettier and north generally more rugged, the path was near enough deserted in March, saw the odd day walker but nobody through walking. Plenty of ascent and descent to contend with!
In reply to phja:

The north section poppit sands - st David's is probably the most "wild" but for me the best bit is the first two days on the south coast from Amroth - st govan's. Really varied landscape from dramatic limestone cliffs, interesting folded sandstone, woodlands, lots of beautiful beaches, lilly ponds, with plenty of cafés and pubs.
Moley 11 Dec 2017
In reply to phja:

We enjoyed the northern section most, Cardigan to St David's, but there is something to enjoy on the whole path so I'm sure everyone will have their personal favourites.
Whatever section you chose, over 5 days you will have some great walks.
pasbury 12 Dec 2017
In reply to phja:

It's all good, I would plan to go as far as you can from either end point and thus commit yourself to completing it on another visit.
In reply to pasbury:

I'd agree if they are planning on a return visit. But if they are not I would suggest a couple of days in the south and three in the north. To be honest the two days from the green bridge - dale are not very inspiring unless you are doing them for the sake of completeness.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...