Petzl lynx crampons fit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aquinn 06 Dec 2017
Got myself a set of Petzl lynx crampons and can’t seem to get them to fit correctly . I’m using them with Nepal cubes size 46 . No matter what I do I the front points seem to be turned significantly inwards inner most way past my big toe. I’ve flipped the joining bars and tried them with the flex lock and normal bails set up asymmetrically but with no luck . Has anybody had similar issues or have any advice how to rectify this ?
 Dave the Rave 06 Dec 2017
In reply to Aquinn:

Have you got your left and right, right?
 metrorat 06 Dec 2017
In reply to Aquinn:

I had the same issue with the cubes/lynx combo and ended up using the right bar on the left boot, and the left bar on the right boot. This compensated for the (over) asymmetry of the lynx and landed the mono under my big toe but pointing forward. This fit also worked on my G5s. My boots are size 45.5.
 Sharp 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Aquinn:

I've had this problem with mine on scarpa phantoms, always a pointing a little inwards. I'll try swapping the bar this winter on that advice. Previously I'd padded one side which had made a better and tighter fit at the front but the phantoms are quite narrow.
 GarethSL 07 Dec 2017
In reply to metrorat:

> This fit also worked on my G5s. My boots are size 45.5.

Interesting to note! Planning on upgrading to the G5's so will be interesting to see how the fit is with a solid bar crampon like the G22.

If I can make a little highjack...

How do you rate the G5's any issues? Good fit
 metrorat 07 Dec 2017
In reply to GarethSL:
G5s are amazing, lighter and much warmer than my cubes. Probably not as tough however as they are cordura outer rather than leather. The lacing system is f*cking amazing.

Edit: fit is similar to cubes but with the boa lacing the correct tension is much easier to achieve.
Post edited at 10:55
In reply to metrorat:

Have you used them in wet slushy snow yet? I'd be interest to know how waterproof they actually are/aren't.

That zip doesn't fill me with confidence.
 metrorat 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

I've been through ankle deep bogs and streams in them repeatedly, very watertight. I think they use the same goretex liner as other sportiva boots as well as the built in gaiter to keep the water out. The zip is covered by a double layer of cordura/velcro and doesn't seem prone to leaks.
 ColdWill 11 Dec 2017
In reply to Aquinn:

I Had no issue with the Cubes and Lynxes if I remember. They were pretty "asymmetric" but that was better on the mixed I felt. Not so hot on ice though tbh.
 ColdWill 11 Dec 2017
In reply to metrorat:

Off topic but what is the fit like on the G5, same as Nepal Cube?
 metrorat 12 Dec 2017
In reply to ColdWill:

Yeah very similar fit to cubes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...