Best Monitor for photo and video editing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
windy789 01 Dec 2017
Which monitor is best for photo and video editing? My Dell laptop screen seems to be ok, but when submitted to SS, sometimes they rejected as it is overexposed. I need $225 24" Desktop monitor, i saw lots online, but want to learn from you, experience people... I have both laptop and Desktop... It should be HDMI support....Thanks
 SouthernSteve 01 Dec 2017
In reply to windy789:

Your budget is a little low for a colour critical monitor. You could look at EIZO 23 inch ColorEdge CS230 Self-Correcting IPS Display. Usually it is colour accuracy rather than overexposure which is the problem with poor monitor calibration.

Your post in the middle of the night with $ not £ from a new user makes me suspicious this is not a completely genuine question though!
 Fraser 01 Dec 2017
Is there an official term yet for a post which purportedly asks a question but which ultimately turns out to be selling a product?

Apologies to the OP if I'm misinterperting it, but there's a faint whiff of a "pre-mmercial"© about this one!

yoshi.h 01 Dec 2017
In reply to windy789:

I have the Dell UltraSharp U2412M for the similar reasons you have given.

It also has a great 16:10 ratio which works better for photo editing compared to the trend of 16:9 'widescreen' monitors in my opinion
It has a matt finish IPS display which allows consistency of colour from wide viewing angles and though I did adjust the colours slightly it is very colour accurate out the box for print.

It also is good value for money and has 2 HDMI ports.
 yoshi.h 01 Dec 2017
In reply to Fraser:

> Is there an official term yet for a post which purportedly asks a question but which ultimately turns out to be selling a product?

> Apologies to the OP if I'm misinterperting it, but there's a faint whiff of a "pre-mmercial"© about this one!

As much as my response sounds it, I'm not selling anything myself
 The Lemming 01 Dec 2017
In reply to mouseliveson:
I also have a Dell ultrasharp monitor which I bought from Scan Computers.

It's almost two years old and is as bright and pin sharp as the day I bought it. My last unbranded genetic monitor only survived three years before going pop.

Just checked, and it's still holding its price and has good reviews.

That's not bad for a bit of kit in an IT world that says anything two years old is obsolete.
Post edited at 13:24
 Sam W 01 Dec 2017
In reply to windy789:

I've got a Dell U2414H which I bought mainly for photo editing and have been very pleased with, similar to the U2412M recommended above but it's 16:9 aspect, has never caused me any issues.

Agree with other comments that the original post does have a certain suspicious whiff about it
 The Lemming 01 Dec 2017
In reply to Sam W:

Unless the op has some clever marketing, they aren't selling anything yet or even hinting at such trickery.

Their only error was a dollar sign.
 yoshi.h 01 Dec 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

> Unless the op has some clever marketing, they aren't selling anything yet or even hinting at such trickery.

> Their only error was a dollar sign.

And terrible grammar...though it must be useful to somebody out there either way
estivoautumnal 02 Dec 2017
In reply to windy789:

Look at BenQ monitors. They consistently come out top on reviews.
windy789 06 Dec 2017
In reply to mouseliveson:
take it easy , guys, any voices is welcomed in this forums, but no self-attack.
windy789 06 Dec 2017
In reply to SouthernSteve:

I know my budget can de really tight, but I have no choice. Anyway thanks for your suugestion. I still need to compare and find the cheap one.emmmmmmm, buy the way, what do you think of the HP 27ES T3M86AA ABB LCD Monitor, fairly cost-efficient one?https://thedigitalcamera.net/best-monitor-for-photo-editing-and-photography...
 Fredt 06 Dec 2017
In reply to windy789:

The HP 27ES T3M86AA ABB LCD Monitor is total crap.
 rubertm 06 Dec 2017
In reply to windy789:

You can go wrong with a 4K monitor, but check your video card specs first.
 SouthernSteve 06 Dec 2017
In reply to windy789:
re:HP 27ES T3M86AA ABB LCD Monitor

Sorry I don't know. The problem with lots of these things is that we buy on line and have to rely on reviews which can be very variable in quality. The reason I mentioned the Eizo was that we have two of their monitors (one with quite sophisticated calibration) amongst several other cheaper ones and we have had good results sending books and photos to the printers in an Adobe-centric set-up (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...