So who has completed the new BMC survey?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Say 28 Nov 2017
The survey to garner opinion about the proposed organisational changes to the BMC has been launched. Has everyone got it? Completed it? Thoughts?

I struggled with the 'support', 'dont support' or 'no opinion' format, personally.
 timjones 28 Nov 2017
In reply to Andy Say:

> The survey to garner opinion about the proposed organisational changes to the BMC has been launched. Has everyone got it? Completed it? Thoughts?

> I struggled with the 'support', 'dont support' or 'no opinion' format, personally.

Not yet, I must get back to it.

I also struggled with the 3 options, as some of the questions have elements that I strongly support and others that I do not want to express support for.

It's a very poorly designed survey IMO.
 Michael Hood 29 Nov 2017
In reply to timjones:

I've done it but since I'm generally supportive of the changes I didn't have any difficulties filling it in.

However as a general point, many surveys etc have an "and" in their questions which is just appalling design. The one that used to annoy me was standard appraisal questions; how well did A perform at B and C? What if they were great at B and crap at C, how were you meant to grade that on a scale.
 oldie 29 Nov 2017
In reply to Andy Say:

> I struggled with the 'support', 'dont support' or 'no opinion' format, personally. <

Exactly. In thesuevey I commented that my "support" was only broad support.

Incidentally, to make things absolutely obvious to those of us not used to management speak, I thought in the original report summary each and every point needed a brief reason and justification compared with the current setup. However I appreciate the time and effort that people did put into it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...