Fontainebleau Technique Coaching Holiday 2018

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Adrian Berry Global Crag Moderator 28 Nov 2017
premier post photo
Looking to improve your technique on rock? There is nowhere better than the forest of Fontainebleau, and no better introduction to it than the Fontainebleau Workshop.

Since 2003 we’ve been introducing climbers to the delights of the forest where the sandstone boulders create a climbing wonderland that nowhere else in the world matches. The climbing is generally technical rather than physical and with our guidance you will quickly experience the delight of completing boulder problems that would otherwise seem unreachable, and hard-wire many new skills and approaches that can be applied in any form of climbing.

How does it work?

Each day involves a number of mini-workshops where a particular technique is demonstrated, followed by the opportunity to implement those skills and to then practise them on other problems. There is plenty of time to explore and always a good number of bouldering mats to pad out the landings.

Who is it for?

The Fontainebleau Workshop is open to all climbers regardless of ability, and typically we get a wide range of abilities ranging from novice climbers with just some indoor climbing experience through to experienced boulderers wanting to push into higher levels.

What is included?

Accommodation, breakfast, and lunch is provided, and for those without transport there are spaces in our seven-seater. A small selection of bouldering pads is available at no extra cost for those without. The trip is £590, £100 of which is taken as a deposit. The coaches are available throughout the day for 1:1 help and advice. The coaching ratio for this trip is 1:5 and places are limited to 10.

Who are the coaches?

Adrian Berry has been climbing since 1988 and coaching climbing since 2002 when he began the planetFear coaching programme. Adrian is considered one of the foremost coaches in the UK having worked with a number of individuals, clubs, climbing walls and organisations both in the UK and abroad. He has written two books on climbing technique (Sport Climbing+ and Trad Climbing+) which helped herald the new approach to the teaching of climbing. Adrian’s specialty is helping climbers overcome mental barriers and use good tactics to have the best chance of achieving their goals. He has a broad climbing background which includes competition climbing, sport climbing (8b+), trad (E9) and bouldering (V10).

Gareth “Gaz” Parry works extensively as a climbing coach to a wide range of clients from individuals wanting to learn basic techniques through to the British Team members preparing for the upcoming Olympics. Gareth's climbing achievements are broad and deep, from big wall free-climbing, bouldering, sport climbing up to 8c through to numerous championship titles. Gaz’s route reading, tactical abilities, technique and infectious passion for climbing and life have kept Gaz at the top of the game for over two decades. Gareth currently lives in Eastern Europe with his partner and rapidly growing zoo of pets.

Recent Feedback

"I've learnt more about technique in this past week than I have garnered by trial and error over all the years I've been climbing (if only I'd done it sooner)"
"The trip itself was really great, I felt like I was pushed just the right amount and as an outdoor newbie I feel like I have been given all the skills I need to build on it now and had really useful feedback."

"Thanks for putting together a fantastic trip - sitting here at my desk I'm suffering serious withdrawals, so much so that some of my newfound friends and I are already planning to head back to Font in November. Hopefully that tells you just how much we enjoyed ourselves. "

"I went with a pretty open mind, and it far exceeded any expectations. Font is a magical place, the weather and a great group of people made the whole experience fantastic."

"There is no magic wand to getting better, but the week certainly reinforced for me what I need to work on to achieve my goals. Would definitely go again and am strongly considering Kalymnos as well. Definitely exceeded my expectations."

"This trip to Font developed my climbing abilities beyond I thought it might be possible. Within my 20 years of climbing I got stuck in my self-set restrictions. Your confidence that I could do a good deal more, your patience with me and your insistency helped me to overcome these limits."

"In more than ten years of climbing in Font I was never able to climb harder than 5c and in the last week you helped me to push my limits to flash a 6b! Thanks a lot for this experience!"

"In terms of positive feedback, I would say the course was great. By the end of the week I was working on routes I wouldn't have started on without going on the course. I also think the course gave me the grounding to get real enjoyment out of bouldering outdoors in the future.

The Fontainebleau Workshop runs from May 26th to June 2nd. Full information, photos, and online booking at:

http://positiveclimbing.com/climbing_coaching_holidays/fontainebleau_coachi...

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...