New Osprey Mutant question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ColdWill 19 Nov 2017
Nice bag but is it me or is the rope strap in the wrong place (inside)?
 Luke90 19 Nov 2017
In reply to ColdWill:
Surely the idea is that, like the helmet holder, it's tucked away unused most of the time and you pull it out when you need it. Seems logical to me but I suppose if you used it more often than not then you might be better off with it on the outside.
Post edited at 19:51
 Dell 19 Nov 2017
In reply to ColdWill:

No it works fine, the lid is floating so it doesn't nick any space from inside the pack. Also the rope is more secure with the lid over the top, and is protected from rain so the rope will stay dryer (and lighter) for longer.
OP ColdWill 19 Nov 2017
In reply to Dell:

Don't get it, I thought it was to strap the rope to the top of the bag. I'll have to try it outproperly.
 Luke90 20 Nov 2017
In reply to ColdWill:
Dell and I are talking about different versions of the rucksack. I assumed you were talking about the 28 with no lid, he seems to be referring to the 38.

On the 28, the rope does sit right on top of the pack. On the 38, it sits under the lid.
Post edited at 09:21
OP ColdWill 20 Nov 2017
In reply to Luke90: That makes more sense, yeah I mean the 38. The rope strap is where I would expect it but on the inside, which means it's like an internal compression strap across the top and would have to come up , out of the draw corded entrance, round the rope and back in. It's not long enough for that really as generally you carry the rope when the bag is also fully loaded and the buckle is hidden on the inside. I'm guessing it's a communication error with the factory.

On a side note how does that mesh back handle the snow and abrasion?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...