Anyone with a rab down jacket please HELP

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Toby Asp 13 Nov 2017
I recently accidentally ripped a hole about 1 inch a cross in a single section of my Rab down jacket when whilst I was putting on my jacket it caught on the corner of my watch. i don't know whether to repair it myself or try and see if they can fix it for free or give me a replacement one? if anyone has any experience on this topic it would be greatly appreciated>
 UKC Forums 13 Nov 2017
This thread was started in the ROCKFAX forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear
Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!
More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/info/forums.html
rackandruin 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Toby Asp: Why do you think they would give you a replacement one or even fix it for free ? Take responsibility for your own actions

Greasy Prusiks 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Toby Asp:

Rab won't fix it because it's not their fault.

Either pay to get it fixed or buy some spinnaker tape and do it yourself. It's really straightforward.
 Mal Grey 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Toby Asp:

That won't be covered by the warranty of any manufacturer.

Spinnaker tape, tenacious tape or similar. It is traditional that a proper down jacket has plenty of patches.

Fakey Rocks 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Mal Grey:

Gaffa tape seems quite popular for these repairs.
 Yanis Nayu 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Toby Asp:

Pretty sure if you put it straight in the tumble dryer for half an hour it will seal itself back up.
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Pretty sure if you put it straight in the tumble dryer for half an hour it will seal itself back up.

You are a very bad man...
 Timmd 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Toby Asp:

http://www.mountaineering-designs.co.uk

These people are apparently very good if you want it to be as good as new again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...