Diary date October 27th - Bear Grylls tackles Bosigran Ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Seymour 19 Oct 2017
Ha ha ha ha ha, just saw the trailer! Oh my God, I am going to have to stay up late to watch this, is it possible something SO BAD could actually get commissioned, even less broadcast?

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week43/bears-mission-anthony-joshua

I think I've just broken my ribs laughing.
 pebbles 19 Oct 2017
In reply to Rob Seymour:

Have you got a.pointy stick I could borrow? Coz I would rather insert it into both eyes than watch Bear Grylls being Manly
 Brass Nipples 19 Oct 2017
In reply to Rob Seymour:

Is this the very same filming event that was posted earlier this year saying stay away from Bosigran?
OP Rob Seymour 19 Oct 2017
In reply to Lion Bakes:

The very same.
 Brass Nipples 19 Oct 2017
In reply to Rob Seymour:

> The very same.

Oh joy of joys, should be a kaugh to watch
Clauso 19 Oct 2017
In reply to Rob Seymour:

You're obviously a glass half empty sort of a guy?... Personally, my glass half full attitude anticipates that AJ concludes the programme by knocking the Master of Movement into next week and beyond... These thoughts make me happy.
 ripper 19 Oct 2017
In reply to pebbles:

> Have you got a.pointy stick I could borrow? Coz I would rather insert it into both eyes than watch Bear Grylls being Manly

Had to read that twice. Thought you'd said you'd rather poke yourself in the eyes than watch BG being. And then signed yourself off as 'Manly'.
 Kemics 19 Oct 2017
In reply to Rob Seymour:

I was down and “cleansed” from the set while this was being filmed.

They did look a bit miffed when we walked through the set of bear having a contemplative beer watching the sun set (while 4 employees dug up the anchors used for the tyrolean traverse)
OP Rob Seymour 20 Oct 2017
In reply to Rob Seymour:

A couple of my regular climbing buddies were encouraged to "move along" by site security when the filming was taking place.

I am not clear whether they had (inadvertently) strayed into shot during on of the panoramic shots of the Chief Scout chest-beating or whether they had momentarily strayed too close to the catering crew's helicopter-carried buffet snack operations.

I was on the Main Cliff a couple of days after filming and was rather perturbed to see a large red arrow painted on the sea level ledges below Autumn Flakes/Nameless, any suggestion that the film crew had placed sighting marks for the great death-defying abseil are of course utterly inconceivable. Huge arrows are painted at the base of cliffs all the time, naturally .... I mean, how else would we navigate to Christmas Crack?
 pebbles 15 Nov 2017
In reply to pebbles:

Dear god, Iv just watched this and I take it all back, Bear is an accidental comedy genius. Can somebody please, for the love of God, tell me why at the end they have to use a flare to signal and swim out to a RIB rather than walk back along the main path? I mean , I know the Bad Step is a bit slippery, but hey, they've just done Commando Ridge, "one of the most notorious rock faces in Britain"
Pmsl.
Bernard Shakey 15 Nov 2017
In reply to Rob Seymour:

Bear Grylls was up at Dinbren the week before last, he did a world of harmony ok ish , then took a lob on the royal arch before finishing it off,
 jezb1 16 Nov 2017
In reply to Bernard Shakey:

> Bear Grylls was up at Dinbren the week before last, he did a world of harmony ok ish , then took a lob on the royal arch before finishing it off,

He lead an E2 & E3? That’s pretty cool. Kind of funny if so that he leads harder than a lot of the people slating him.
 pebbles 16 Nov 2017
In reply to jezb1:
he's being slated for his dishonesty and shameless hamming up fake peril for tv, not whatever his lead grade happens to be
Post edited at 08:47
 Postmanpat 16 Nov 2017
In reply to pebbles:

> he's being slated for his dishonesty and shameless hamming up fake peril for tv, not whatever his lead grade happens to be

It's a bl**dy entertainment show, not a documentary! Chill out and enjoy the scenery!
 pebbles 16 Nov 2017
In reply to Postmanpat:

I did! hugely! I sought it out on youtube and chromecast it to my tv, then nearly split my sides. "Commando ridge...one of the most notorious rock faces in britain". Well, it probably is now, but maybe not for the reasons Bear was implying.
 Shani 16 Nov 2017
In reply to Lion Bakes:

> Oh joy of joys, should be a kaugh to watch

kaugh - intransitive verb: "The incredulous, laughable, yet, compelling experience of watching a B-rate adventurer ham his way up mild inclines, made all the more nauseating by bizarre camera angles, dramatic narrative, pumping music and hidden safety ropes"
 GridNorth 16 Nov 2017
In reply to Rob Seymour:

It's entertainment NOT climbing, a bit like competition climbing

Al
 Big Ger 18 Nov 2017
In reply to pebbles:

> he's being slated for his dishonesty and shameless hamming up fake peril for tv, not whatever his lead grade happens to be

For once we're in perfect agreement.

Sorry.
 peebles boy 18 Nov 2017
In reply to Rob Seymour:

Why does "AJ's" helmet look like it's been dropped down Commando Ridge before he put it on...?? Pock marks all over it!
 pebbles 19 Nov 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

Cant be right!!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...