Unexpected solar eclipse?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 16 Oct 2017
What's happening? It started off a normal dull morning and has been getting darker ever since. Now nearly 10 o'clock and can barely see across the road. What going on?
 Jon Read 16 Oct 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Very odd hue in the sky over Kents Bank... end of days obviously.
In reply to Rog Wilko:
its the apocalypse. zombies shambling around aimlessly here.

edit: oops. i forgot, its monday morning. as you were...
Post edited at 10:10
 galpinos 16 Oct 2017
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

Same here but I assumed that was just the standard Monday morning level of enthusiasm in my office......
 Toerag 16 Oct 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Sun was red here but has now gone. I'm thinking of ridiculous levels of dust in the atmosphere dragged around by the hurricane..
OP Rog Wilko 16 Oct 2017
In reply to Toerag:

The sky here is still a weird yellowish colour. Still midwinter light levels.
 Sam W 16 Oct 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Same in Shropshire, apparently I missed the end of days sun and now we just have heavy cloud. Also assuming it's hurricane related, but eerie nonetheless. Have decided against going out for a bike ride.
 profitofdoom 16 Oct 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> What's happening? It started off a normal dull morning and has been getting darker ever since. Now nearly 10 o'clock and can barely see across the road. What going on?

Haze. Panic over
 Gone 16 Oct 2017
In reply to profitofdoom:

Debris from forest fires in Spain, dragged here by the unusual wind system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41635906

FactorXXX 16 Oct 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Best ask Dr Hans Zarkov formerly of NASA about this!

Greenbanks 16 Oct 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Brexit-related, presumably...
 LastBoyScout 16 Oct 2017
In reply to Gone:

> Debris from forest fires in Spain, dragged here by the unusual wind system.

Bugger - I've got the washing on the line outside!

In reply to Greenbanks:

> Brexit-related, presumably...

It certainly seems like a meteorological metaphor for the state of gloom that must have come down on the Treasury this morning now that they've spotted that we're £490bn poorer than they thought we were.
 wercat 16 Oct 2017
In reply to Greenbanks:

more likely the Rajuskans or Granatoids
 Chris the Tall 16 Oct 2017
In reply to Greenbanks:

> Brexit-related, presumably...

All part of the nasty EU campaign to be nasty to us, sending over hurricanes and the smoke from their forest fires.
Once we are free from the tyranny of Brussels we'll be able to set our own weather
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> All part of the nasty EU campaign to be nasty to us, sending over hurricanes and the smoke from their forest fires.

> Once we are free from the tyranny of Brussels we'll be able to set our own weather

Yes, we'll be able to put a high wall round the British Isles, make our own weather, and then be able to export it to places like China ...
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> Once we are free from the tyranny of Brussels we'll be able to set our own weather

With a bit of luck we might even be able to find new markets beyond the EU where we can export our unpredictable weather to, however I would expect any deal with the US to include arrangements for accepting their unwanted hurricanes and tornados -- remember what the man said -- America First.

Greenbanks 16 Oct 2017
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:
But the worrying thing is that if a headline in the Dirty Digger’s red top announced that “Brexit means a sunnier UK”, the readership would believe it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...