Hard shells sizes and fit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
yulihike 15 Oct 2017

Hi, I'm new writing on this forum, but have been reading it for a while and just wanted to get some help on an issue I'm having finding the right Hard shell fit.

I've now tried a lot of jackets from North Face, Mountain Equipment, Arcteryx, Columbia, Rab, Berghaus and even Montane, but have found their fit quite strange. The sleeve's arm with feels large on M sizes, but the waist to small on S sizes, which brings me to a problem. On some cases, the waist feels to loose although I've always tried these jackets with a fleece on.

My measurements are as follows:

Chest: 91cm
Waist: 76.5cm
Hip: 89cm
Sleeve: 81.5cm

and I've also been using an M size Columbia Hard shell which fits great, but haven't found anything like it anymore.

Does anyone have any brand they could suggest or should I consider this normal for a hard shell, considering I should leave some space for insulation?

Thanks in advance!
(sorry for the long post)
Post edited at 01:57
 blackcat 15 Oct 2017
In reply to yulihike: So youve tried on a few jackets, so try on some more, loads of brands out there.I currently use mammut and mountain hardwear.

Kahti 17 Oct 2017
In reply to yulihike:

Many shells have longer arms so the sleeve stays covering your wrist when climbing. Others have quite baggy arms to allow rolling the sleeve up for temperature control.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...