Gokyo Lakes/Everest BC Trek

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BigLob 02 Oct 2017
I'm looking at another trip to Nepal in the next couple of years and looking at the Gokyo Lakes/EBC trek. I was over around 10 years ago trekking independently but this time am looking at going with a company. Any recommendations? Also, reading up, it suggests around $50 day for food and drink? Last time we went it was nowhere near this.
 splat2million 02 Oct 2017
In reply to BigLob:

It's a great trek. I hired a porter from Nepal Eco Adventure who were a good company. I also booked the Lukla flights through them which was helpful because their guides from other groups helped me a bit with the flights.

$50 is a bit excessive for food and drink, I think I spent closer to $20 per day but it could be done cheaper (I enjoyed some cokes, beers, and chocolate bars in the higher up villages).
Hopefully you can do both, but if there's a choice between Kala Patar and EBC then do Kala Patar - the view, particularly of Everest, is spectacular. I assume you'll also get to do Gokyo Ri? There are great views and it's good for acclimatisation before the Cho-La pass.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...