There ARE nice people about

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 25 Sep 2017

On my recent trip to the Alps I met lots of very nice, friendly people; fellow walkers, locals etc. I can honestly say that almost everyone I met, including those who I kept coming across along the way were a pleasure to meet. I "bumped" into an English couple in Chamonix who I'd met several times and had a coffee with them in a cafe. They said their goodbyes and left. When I came to leave the waiter told me they'd already paid for my coffee. A pleasant experience.
Post edited at 15:14
 Timmd 25 Sep 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

There are indeed. 'All looks yellow to the jaundiced eye' or something like that.
Rigid Raider 25 Sep 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Most people are still nice and honest and sadly, trusting. The problems start when they mix with folk who are desperate and will do anything to survive.
 malk 25 Sep 2017
In reply to mypyrex:
that's more like it. did you stay at rif. Bonatti? cracking view- had the place to myself when i visited.
Post edited at 16:03
OP mypyrex 25 Sep 2017
In reply to malk:
> that's more like it. did you stay at rif. Bonatti? cracking view- i had the place to myself when i visited.

Indeed I did, lovely place. Almost like a hotel rather than a rifugio. The dawn view of Mont Blanc in my gallery was taken from there.
Sadly I'm feeling some regret at having missed some stages because of weather
Post edited at 16:06
 malk 25 Sep 2017
In reply to mypyrex:
you'll have to go again- i keep meaning to. did you encounter any ultrarunners?
another memorable refuge was the Bonhomme - again to myself apart from a guy who briefly appeared in wellies seemingly out for an evening walk/run up from the valley..
Post edited at 16:20
 Timmd 25 Sep 2017
In reply to Rigid Raider:
> Most people are still nice and honest and sadly, trusting. The problems start when they mix with folk who are desperate and will do anything to survive.

I seem to find that decent people know decent people, most of the time, if you can 'tap into a seam if niceness' as it were, that's a pleasant thing, a more reliable way of making new friends.
Post edited at 17:09
OP mypyrex 25 Sep 2017
In reply to malk:

> you'll have to go again- i keep meaning to. did you encounter any ultrarunners?
Loads of them!

> another memorable refuge was the Bonhomme - again to myself apart from a guy who briefly appeared in wellies seemingly out for an evening walk/run up from the valley..

Yes, I got there after a viewless, cold, wet ascent from Les Contamines/Nant Borrant. As wet inside my waterproofs as outside. Thankfully they had the woodburner going

Yanis Nayu 25 Sep 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Sounds like you had an amazing, soul-nourishing trip.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...