Advice needed: Women's 50-55L rucksack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 splat2million 23 Sep 2017
Hello all,
My wife is looking for a new backpack in the 50-55L size.
We've tried one or two (Osprey Aura, Lowe Alpine Manaslu, and several Decathlon branded ones) and are having trouble finding one that is a good fit as they mostly seem too long for her back.
She is 5'2" so a little bit short, but not so tiny that it shouldn't be possible to find one that will fit!
Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome.
 Welsh Kate 23 Sep 2017
In reply to splat2million:

Don't know if they'll go short enough, but some of the Deuter rucksacks have a considerable range of adjustment in the back length. Not the lightest, but if a rucksack's comfortable, a few extra grammes aren't going to be felt.
 mcawle 23 Sep 2017

Second the Deuter recommendation. Specifically their "SL" packs. My girlfriend is 5'2" and uses an AirContact 45:55. Fit seems good.
OP splat2million 24 Sep 2017
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Thank's both. We've been out today and tried a couple of Deuter rucksacks and they seem a good fit. Probably looking at getting the ACT Lite 45+10 SL when we can find somewhere to buy it from.
Cheers!
 Welsh Kate 24 Sep 2017

I'm fairly certain that's the one I use for backpacking, lovely pack, though I don't bother to keep the 2 main compartments separate. Glad she liked the fit.

Outdoor GB is a good site to buy Deuter goods from at reasonable prices.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...