Baggy point guide book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john spence 29 Aug 2017
Seven day Trip to Baggy Point coming up soon, any recommendations as to the most useful guidebook to get, unlikely that we will visit the area again. Thanks.
 Martin Bennett 29 Aug 2017
In reply to john spence:
I've just looked in the Rockfax South West Climbs and it has only 25 routes. Since by definition they're selected for quality and there's a spread of grades you may feel this is enough.
If not maybe the Climbers Club West Country vol 2 has more but I don't have it to check. Since I prefer definitive guides I'd go for the Climber's Club N Devon and Cornwall, the one I've used most. It's old fashioned ie not full of glossy colour photos and photo topos but has it all, and the drawings and black and white photo topos are fine. It's cheap too. And you'll be supporting the people who actually put in the effort!
Post edited at 19:34
 Kevster 29 Aug 2017
In reply to john spence:

Baggy is a great venue imo.
In a week, I think you will become the definitive guide book! 4 days and you'll tick most routes in your chosen grade bracket, and climbed most of the features one way or another.
An ab rope (or two) is really handy for long rock, and accessing the routes on the great slab. The approach is so much safer with some ab rope, which you can stash nearby between days.
Whilst we talk about the areas, just remember that they have historically been mixed up in the guide book.

Have fun.
 The Ivanator 29 Aug 2017
In reply to Martin Bennett:

CC South West Climbs vol. 2 has just 20 Baggy Point routes, there are some gems that don't get into either of the selective guides e.g. Sleepy Toes (HVS 5a), as UKC lists 150 Baggy routes I'd say the definitive may be the way to go if you are dedicating 7 days purely to climbing at Baggy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...