South Glenshiel Munros

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Trevelyan May 21 Aug 2017
Hi peeps

I'm looking to bag the 7 Munros of the South Glenshiel ridge on Friday 25th Aug. Am staying the previous night at Ratagan YH and have a car. Will be walking them east to west. Anyone up for a two car plan ie. park one car each end?

Regards
Trevelyan
Jim C 21 Aug 2017
In reply to Trevelyan May:

> Hi peeps

> I'm looking to bag the 7 Munros of the South Glenshiel ridge on Friday 25th Aug. Am staying the previous night at Ratagan YH and have a car. Will be walking them east to west. Anyone up for a two car plan ie. park one car each end?

Alas I will be camping on Knoydart that Friday ( by boat from Mallaig) so will not too far away from you though, do give a wave , I will look out for you, I hope you get good weather

N.b I have done the SGSR twice, in both directions, getting a lift was easy , so don't worry if you can't get your two car preference.

BobtheBagger 21 Aug 2017

I did it by leaving the car at the west end, cycling up the hydro road near the Inn at the east end, padlocked the bike to a fence, then walked the route east to west, dropped down to the car and drove back to the hydro road near the Inn to collect my bike.
Having said that I've also easily got a lift back along that road, so I'm sure you'll be fine if you can't find a partner to do the car at each end trick.
If the weather's good you'll have a grand day out, enjoy!
 Sean Kelly 21 Aug 2017
Park you car at the bottom of the Ridge (Loch Duich end) and catch the bus back up to just past Claunie Inn. You just need to check the bus timetables. It worked for us.
Post edited at 19:18

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...