Horseshoe Re-bolting - For Those Who Are Interested.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mick r 17 Aug 2017
In reply to UrbanSteve:
really hope they don't use them Pigtails things at the top. Can never work them out first go, and hate lowering off a single anchor. breaks a fundamental rule of setting up belay points etc as its an absolute single point of failure
Post edited at 13:42
 Rob Dyer, BMC 17 Aug 2017
In reply to Mick r:

Hi Mick, not to worry - all lower off's on BMC land will be being replaced with a standardised double bolt with maillon and ring attached to each. This should hopefully reduce confusion and also means we can easily replace worn out rings if needed in future. We're also going to be putting in a simulated lower off on a boulder underneath Main Wall so climbers new to outdoor sport climbing can get their head around what to do at the lower off, before setting off on their big lead.

Cheers
Rob Dyer
BMC Access & Conservation Officer
 Pekkie 19 Aug 2017
In reply to Mick r:

And there's me thinking that pigtails are a wonderful thing - saves all that dangerous faffing and threading the rope. And they're usually connected to two bolts and are constructed from steel that is about twice as thick as, say, a crab. OK, maybe there should be somewhere you can practice with them first if you've never used them before but to me they are marvellous.
 snoop6060 19 Aug 2017
In reply to Pekkie:
I'm fairly sure its left brain / right brain thing. They vex me. I get to the top panting, a little elated I didn't fall for once and then some gremlin pops out and goes: solve that you c**t. And I fail.
Post edited at 23:28
 gethin_allen 20 Aug 2017
In reply to snoop6060:

> I'm fairly sure its left brain / right brain thing. They vex me. I get to the top panting, a little elated I didn't fall for once and then some gremlin pops out and goes: solve that you c**t. And I fail.

Just clip to the anchor with a sling and have a rest to think about it or use a few draws and let your second sort it out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...