Regular Climbing Partners for Lakes & Dales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Muskrat 15 Aug 2017
Hello...
I live in Kendal and I'm wanting some regular climbing partners to gain experience with. I'm new to leading but have been climbing with an MIA trainee to learn the skills so I'm not always the quickest and still have to do a little thinking sometimes. Happy leading Severe routes and particularly like mountaineering type days with a summit if my partner is keen too.
I work shifts at a hospital and so I get a variety of days off.
Many thanks
Luke
lukeapayne3@gmail.com
 Jon Stewart 15 Aug 2017
In reply to Muskrat:

Hi Luke

Couple of tips. Trying to get regular partners is more difficult than getting a partner for the day. I've found the best way is to decide what you want to do when there's a reasonable forecast (so realistically only a couple of days ahead) and post in the lifts and partners forum specifically for that day, crag and grade. That way, anyone who's available and looking will see it. I think you'll get a fairly good response rate, particularly during the summer hols.

Another good place to find folk is the facebook group "Lakeland climbers with a day off". Again, just post where/when/grade and someone will often bite.

If you stay around Kendal I'm sure I'll bump into you at the wall or crag. If you want to do single pitch stuff where there's plenty of spread of grades then give me a shout too.

Jon
OP Muskrat 18 Aug 2017
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Hi Jon

Thanks for all that and I'll take it onboard.

Luke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...