REVIEW: Lightwave S10 Sigma 1-Person Tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 15 Aug 2017
The entrance is small, but there's enough headroom to sit upright inside, 4 kbIt's not the last word in ultralight, says Dan Bailey, but for its weight you'd struggle to find a sturdier or more spacious solo tent than the S10 Sigma.

Read more
 olddirtydoggy 15 Aug 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Interesting read. I wonder how well the fabric spec will wear over time after its been exposed to UV and weather. The Carbon impregnated material is all well and good but I wonder if it could end up like DWR, where after a short period of time it stops working and you have to recoat. Thanks for the review.
 mcdweeb 15 Aug 2017
Great photos.
Nice ones, Dan.
Interesting tent but the real question with kit like this is durability and I guess only time will tell.
 TobyA 15 Aug 2017

Fascinating! I don't think I've ever read a positive review of a single skin tent for UK use before, previously I had just dismissed them out of hand, but this sounds very different. Love the "cold" photo!
 Crux/Lightwave 16 Aug 2017
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Hi- I'm the owner/designer at crux & Lightwave. The activated carbon is in a PU lamination - much more resilient than a conventional liquid PU-coating - and on the inside, so is not exposed to the elements (or UV) at all. There is no similarity at all to a DWR treatment in that respect. We introduced the fabric on the crux X1 tents 4 years ago, had several years trials prior to that, and is also currently undergoing some serious military testing - to date we haven't witnessed even the slightest degradation in the performance of the fabric. Basically, this should work as long as the flysheet lasts.
 DanielJ 16 Aug 2017
In reply to Crux/Lightwave:

Sounds good!
I would buy the Sigma S20 right away if you produced it in yellow/orange/red. Any plans for that?
In reply to DanielJ:

> Sounds good!

> I would buy the Sigma S20 right away if you produced it in yellow/orange/red. Any plans for that?

Not currently. But you can buy the Crux X1 Strike in red and it should be available in yellow for 2018.

Tom (with his Crux/Lightwave hat on)
 DanielJ 20 Aug 2017
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:
Well worth a look. Although Im rather tall, 187, and sport somewhat of a beer gut. Thoughts? (Besides dropping a stone...)
Will I find it terribly cramped with a equally sized friend?
In reply to DanielJ:

Hi Daniel,

I think the slightly bigger, semigeodisic X1 Strike would suit someone of your height better.

Tom
 DanielJ 21 Aug 2017
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide: this is X1 strike stated dimension.

Inner length 210 cm
Inner width 120 cm
Inner height 100 cm

This is Sigma S20
230 cm
145 cm
105 cm

Isnt it measured the same way? Not inner measures on the Sigma?
 olddirtydoggy 27 Aug 2017
In reply to Crux/Lightwave:

Thanks for the clarification, your answer does make a lot of sense. Really great when the owner of a company hits the forums and answers questions of potential consumers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...