Tent hub problem wild country etesian 4

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rob333 14 Aug 2017
Good afternoon All

This is my first post please be nice!

Last week I bought a wild country etesian 4 tent it had it's first outing at the weekend at the adventure film festival for two nights with calm weather. I have had a problem with the pole hub on both poles two of the connecting prices of the hub has fallen out. I have contacted the retailer to ask if I can return the tent and they don't want to know. Where do I stand. Any help would be great

Thanks

Rob
 gethin_allen 14 Aug 2017
In reply to Rob333:

Tell them again, and mention consumer rights legislation. Also, if you bought it on credit card, tell the shop that if they don't sort it soon you'll chase it via your card supplier.
Rob333 14 Aug 2017
In reply to gethin_allen:

Thank you for your response I have had a email from the retailer saying they have forwarded my pictures of the faulty pole hubs to the manufacturer and they will be in contact. I did remind them my contract is with them not the manufacturer.
 gethin_allen 14 Aug 2017
In reply to Rob333:

hopefully wild country will just send you a new pole section. To make them hurry up a bit you could tell them you need it for a holiday or event sometime soonish and see how they respond.
 Dr.S at work 14 Aug 2017

or that there is a UKC thread running and their reputation could do with some polish....
Rob333 14 Aug 2017

The retailer has said non of there tent poles are under warranty as the are replaceable parts for a week old tent that has been used for two nights.
 gethin_allen 14 Aug 2017
In reply to Rob333:

> The retailer has said non of there tent poles are under warranty as the are replaceable parts for a week old tent that has been used for two nights.

This is total crap, so long as you haven't abused the product the product is obviously not fit for purpose and it doesn't matter what they say they can't write themselves out of legislation.
 johncook 14 Aug 2017
In reply to Rob333:

Which retailer is trying to avoid their legal responsibilities. They should be named and shamed!

(unless of course you did something to damage the product, like driving over it or dropping it on a hot stove etc )
 bouldery bits 14 Aug 2017
In reply to Rob333:

Sounds like yet another Terra Nova / WC cop out.

I'll be going Lightwave / Hilleberg for my next serious tent I think.
 Mal Grey 14 Aug 2017
In reply to Rob333:

Rubbish, unless its clearly been abused, if the tent is faulty they are obliged to act. Yes, its probably ultimately Terra Nova's/WC's fault, but that's the retailers problem not yours. Explain clearly but politely to the retailer that you are rejecting the tent as faulty and not fit for purpose, and you expect them to sort it out immediately. If you get no joy, go up a management level. If you still get no joy, go talk about it on their social media pages. I believe in giving a retailer a fair opportunity to sort things out, but if they won't play ball, on their head be it.
Rob333 15 Aug 2017
In reply to Mal Grey:

I have sent this to the retailer with no response.

Consumer Rights Act you have an early right to reject goods
Rob333 15 Aug 2017
In reply to johncook:

Thanks for your response I have treated the tent with respect I only have camped in it for two nights is there any way to upload pictures on this site?
 Timmd 15 Aug 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

> Sounds like yet another Terra Nova / WC cop out.

> I'll be going Lightwave / Hilleberg for my next serious tent I think.

Sounds like a retailer cop out to me, to be honest.
Rob333 20 Aug 2017
Good afternoon all.

Just a quick update I did contact TN who have been ok. I did ask if the had any pole sets for my tent which they have non on stock and are not sure when they will be getting some more. I did explain the problem with the pole set and the tent is only a week old. I guess I will have to take it up with the retailer and try and get my money back.
 Wainers44 20 Aug 2017
In reply to Rob333:

So who is the retailer, as I think I would like to avoid them in future??
Rob333 21 Aug 2017
In reply to Wainers44:

I would rather not say at the moment will have to see if I get my refund.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...