Can I wash my Rab Silk Liner in the machine?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 13 Aug 2017
I cannot find a label and cannot remember if I had to hand wash my silk liner before. So advice on washing the liner please.
Rob
In reply to veteye:

Yes, in the silk or delicate cycle
 Mal Grey 13 Aug 2017
In reply to veteye:

Not a Rab, but my silk liner just goes in the wash on "bloke wash" (40 degrees C cycle, everything goes in, in one load, no differentiation of different colours, fabrics etc, until the door only just shuts). It seems to survive perfectly happily, as does everything else. Though the door did break on my washer once...

OP veteye 13 Aug 2017
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Thank you.
It's in there.
In moving down the text my super sensitive touch sensitive laptop screen dumped me on your profile page, and I noted that you wrote an article on the Haute Route several years ago. So I read it and found it highly interesting and entertaining. Oh that I could even ski half as well.(I just have not had much opportunity to get the experience) Well done.
OP veteye 13 Aug 2017
In reply to Mal Grey:

The reason for the question is that I seem to remember getting some change to the nature of a previous bag that I subsequently lost/left in a hut.
 d_b 14 Aug 2017
In reply to veteye:

I used to wash mine with everything else. I think it is a bit stiffer than when I bought it but my wife reckons that is due to my refusal to use fabric softener more than anything else.

Pedro50 14 Aug 2017
In reply to davidbeynon:

Fabric softener - yuk
 d_b 14 Aug 2017
In reply to Pedro50:

Quite. Apart from being horrible, anything more exotic than basic non bio seems to make my skin fall off.
 Pedro50 14 Aug 2017
In reply to davidbeynon:

The smell on a a fine day when everyone hangs out there washing on my road is enough to make birds fall from the sky
 d_b 14 Aug 2017
In reply to Pedro50:

I always thought that ironing would probably soften up my bag liner, but I can never quite be bothered.
In reply to davidbeynon:
Ironing will definitely soften up your bag liner, and more importantly its contents
I would not risk it if I was you!

Apologies.... could not resist!!
 Ianto Bach 14 Aug 2017
In reply to Mal Grey:

Washing machines have other settings? You live & learn...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...