1970s winter gear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TrevorTJM 02 Aug 2017
I have a MacInnes All metal Ice Axe, Clog Deadman (2) and a Deadboy as well as a ring of pitons.
At my age I cannot see me using any of this again.
Any suggestions where it might be useful as I would rather not dispose of it all at the tip!!
Possible museum items?
 tony 02 Aug 2017
In reply to TrevorTJM:

Mick Tighe might be interested:
http://www.smhc.co.uk/about_sub.asp
OP TrevorTJM 02 Aug 2017
In reply to tony:
Hi Mick, I would be more than happy for them to come your way for the collection.
Transport might be an issue as I am in Somerset. We do tour Scotland at times with the campervan but mainly for walking nowadays. (nothing planned for Scotland this year at present).
Let me know your thoughts and whether you have any contacts in this area who could deliver them. Same year of birth as you but arthritis is limiting my activities in winter somewhat. Still do the occasional climb in Cheddar and have climbed last 4000m peak in French alps in 2012. Still enjoying whitewater Kayaking and surf kayaking as less strain on the hips and knees
Post edited at 17:21
 tony 02 Aug 2017
In reply to TrevorTJM:

erm, I'm not Mick Tighe. You can get in touch with him directly via the website I linked to.
 d_b 02 Aug 2017
In reply to TrevorTJM:

I would be interested in the axe.
OP TrevorTJM 02 Aug 2017
In reply to tony:

Thanks Tony
I realised when I looked again and have just emailed the Collection. My first time on this site so just getting up to speed!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...