Best solar charger for Android and Kindle and the likes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The sharp end 28 Jul 2017
Anyone can recommend a good reliable fairly robust solar charger for gadgets while out and about. One with perhaps 2 USB connectors? One that charges fairly quickly. Thanks there are so many on the market I was hoping for some guidance.

Thank you
 Oliver Houston 28 Jul 2017
In reply to The sharp end:

We've just bought a freeloader Isis, because it is a solar panel/battery pack in one, has 2 inbuilt chargers (iPhone and miniUsb) and a usb for an extra charging port...

The panel is quite small but can be strapped onto a rucksack and seems the least faffy option. However the company might be in administration and a lot of places are sold out.

From what I've read, very few will ever fully charge from solar alone, but are a useful topup if you need it.
OP The sharp end 28 Jul 2017
In reply to Oliver Houston:

Thanks..doubling up as a battery is a definite bonus. Where did you buy it and was it expensive?
 Tom F Harding 28 Jul 2017

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerPort-2-Port-Charger-iPhone-x/dp/B012VK1...

Anker Power Port 15w - amazingily good and considerably cheaper then some of the alternatives.
 mattrm 28 Jul 2017

If you're off grid for a long time, then solar is nice. But if you're just talking about camping/walking where you'll be off-grid for a few days, just buy a big battery. Anker are normally good.
 Smythson 28 Jul 2017
Just spent two weeks off grid with the Anker Power Port Solar 15W. Works well, light (354 grams weighed by me) and can be hung up or attached to top of pack. Also has two ports. If you're setting up camp and moving elsewhere it's still worth having a battery pack to charge in the day so you can take your phone with you in the day and charge it from the pack at night.
Post edited at 10:30
 Oliver Houston 28 Jul 2017

My wife found it on a caravan website. I think it was about 70 quid... can't speak for it's performance yet, but the reviews suggest it's OK.
danielhermansson 28 Jul 2017

I use to used Anker Power Port and it is a very good charger. Of course my opinion is subiective

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...