COMPETITION: WINNER - Win an Alpkit Tetri tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Alpkit Tetri 1 , 2 kbIn this week's competition we have an Alpkit Tetri tent up for grabs. Outer pitch first is a firm favourite amongst UK campers. Getting the roof on before suspending the inner allows you to get out of the rain quicker and keeps your inner dry.

Read more
 olddirtydoggy 27 Jul 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

The important bit is> 3 kg
 Pedro50 27 Jul 2017
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Yes I'm always highly dubious when technical specifications manage to omit the weight of any item of kit.
 bouldery bits 27 Jul 2017
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

I actually think the spec is very competitive for the price.
Sure, you'll find lighter, but I'd be surprised if it didn't also lighten your wallet more than the Alpkit offering.

BB
 angry pirate 27 Jul 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

I saw one on the flesh in Hathersage. A cracking tent for the money. Pricewise the competition is Vango or Wild Country and this seemed much better than both of them. We've bought a couple of each brand to let the D of E kids wreck them, I mean beta test them, with a view to replacing our elderly fleet of Vaude with the survivors.
I thought the weight on the label in the shop was 2.3 kg. That said, even if it is 2.9kg it compares very well with the competition: My old Voyager was 2.5 kg and there is a lot of internal space in a tent like this.
 Roberttaylor 27 Jul 2017

Please let it be midge netting, not mosquito netting...if not, this tent is doomed.

Max factor 28 Jul 2017
In reply to Roberttaylor:

what is the price? skimmed the article twice and it hasn't jumped out.
 Theo Moore 28 Jul 2017
In reply to Max factor:

It's currently discounted to £115 on the Alpkit website, usually £135. I've added the price to the article.
jaynem89 28 Jul 2017

Am trying to enter competition, I am a registered user but it still won't let me.
 Max factor 28 Jul 2017
Thanks. Looks alright for that money. Plenty of very decent tents around the £100 mark, and a big premium to step up to the top brands for relatively smaller improvements in weight and design.
 Theo Moore 28 Jul 2017
In reply to jaynem89:

Can you force refresh the page and then try again? Press cmd + shift + r on a mac or ctrl + f5 on Windows to force refresh.
 simoninger 28 Jul 2017
"outer-first pitching "....
My favourite feature of my (much more expensive) LightWave tent is that the inner and outer can be joined for one-stage pitching. It doesn't seem very technical (just clips) so I wonder why more tents don't do it?
 Michael Gordon 28 Jul 2017
In reply to simoninger:

I could be wrong (?) but there may not be anything stopping you doing that with this tent. I imagine a lot of tents which can be joined for one-stage pitching are advertised as "outer-first pitching", as theoretically you could do either.
 gethin_allen 28 Jul 2017

This tent reminds me of the Marmot grid which cost a whole lot more (£280 back in 2010) and wasn't massively lighter at 2.7 kg.
Obviously I can't compare the quality of construction etc but it the tent is anywhere comparable £115 is a pretty good price.
 PPP 29 Jul 2017

Being a bit anal about weight/maths (sometimes), I can't get my head around this.
Tetri description:
Pegs: 19 pegs, Alpkit Candy Canes
Pegs: 240 g

Candy Canes description:
Weight per peg: 15 g

How does this make any sense? 19*15g=285g.

Was this a reason to get it closer to 3kg mark? Because the total weight is 3009g (if you sum up everything listed) compared to 3000g? 9g is not something I am fused about, but I am now curious about the factual weight of every item listed separately.
 grump gnome 29 Jul 2017
In reply to jaynem89:

Me too!
kmhphoto 30 Jul 2017
In reply to PPP:

Are 3 of the pegs spares so they're not counting them in the 'carry" weight?
 Toerag 09 Aug 2017

19 pegs sounds a lot for a self-supporting tent - my Hilleberg Kaitum 2 needs 18 and that's a long tunnel which needs lots of pegs. My old Vaude mk3 only needed ten pegs if I remember correctly.
 d_b 09 Aug 2017
In reply to Toerag:
I doubt that they are all necessary. I have an old Ortik geodesic that will take 27 pegs if I really want to, but I can pitch it with 4 or 5.
Post edited at 16:24
Fran-Alpkit 14 Aug 2017
In reply to PPP:

Hi PPP,

Bit of a bungle at our end, the tent actually comes with 17 pegs not 19 hence the weights not quite adding up there.

The pegs weigh about 14g but we round up as we just know someone will get in touch to say they have found a 14.3g peg one day. There are always going to be small range with these things.

The 3kg we have given is an average taken by weighing several of the complete packed up tents on our warehouse packing scales.

Cheers
Fran

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...