Marmolada West Ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andrew Lodge 24 Jul 2017
Heading out to the Dolomites at the weekend and was wondering if anyone has done this route recently?

Curious to know what conditions are like on the glacier crossing?

Thank you for any info.

Andrew
 yelotango 25 Jul 2017
In reply to Andrew Lodge:

I did this a few weeks ago but avoided the glacier by approaching the route from Alba di Canazei via Rifugio Contrin / val Contrin and reversing the route (about 8 hours on the move). I spoke to a pair of Frenchies who reported people having problems due to poor equipment. I`ve just posted a picture of the approach glacier from the ferrata.
 beardy mike 25 Jul 2017
In reply to yelotango:

Heres some general information for you. With regards glacier conditions, there was very little snow this year and as a consequnce the slots are more defined this year. The descent down the normal route may be tricky as there is a large crevasse at the bottom of the rocky downclimbing section. I've not been this year so don't know the current situation but I will ask a neighbour who has for you.

http://www.casa-alfredino.co.uk/uncategorized/the-west-ridge-of-marmolada-v...
 beardy mike 25 Jul 2017
In reply to Andrew Lodge:

I just spoke to Federico, he said the condition of the descent route is in bad condition - he said there are atleast 5 exposed crevasses which you need to cross and it's better to use a rope...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...