Give me Wales over the lakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oogachooga 21 Jul 2017
All in good jest. A short article on my love for one particular area: http://www.topropefreeclimber.com/2017/07/snowdonia-hidden-gems-and-quiet-p...

Let me know any places I have missed, that hit the sweet spot for you, if you dare share them that is
Lusk 21 Jul 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Give me Wales over the lakes

You could be right, I always thought as Wales as being a poor man's Lakes.
I know what I prefer now though! (away from Snowdon on a weekend)
 jezb1 21 Jul 2017
Rhyd Ddu = Rheed Thee, more or less.
 Dave the Rave 21 Jul 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

If they built a decent sized,picturesque village in Snowdonia with loads of gear shops then I'm sure that more people would come to Wales leaving the Lakes for me like it was 30 years ago.
Lusk 21 Jul 2017
In reply to Dave the Rave:

In your dotage now Dave, at least there are lots of little red flags everywhere to show your way around
 Dave the Rave 21 Jul 2017
In reply to Lusk:

> In your dotage now Dave, at least there are lots of little red flags everywhere to show your way around

Keep the Red Flags flying high?
Moley 21 Jul 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Simply walk the Cambrian Way, all the best is there, except maybe the coast.
I've never been to the Lakes, no need to as I live in Wales, without the tourists.
 Big Ger 22 Jul 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Nice blog post mate, thanks for sharing.
 Ally_McCoy 22 Jul 2017
In reply to Dave the Rave:
> in Snowdonia with loads of gear shops then I'm sure that more people would come to Wales.

What is wrong with the Cotswolds in betws-y-coed? ha ha

Good blog post OP, I too prefer Wales much more. Too much noise in the lakes.

Stichtplate 22 Jul 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Had a great day out on Thursday. Scrambled up Tryfan watching Eurofighters blast by under my feet, up Bristly and back down to my car (parked in one of the many free parking spots).
Nipped into Llanberis to get some stuff from Joe Brown's . Parked on the street for free (chance of that in Ambleside!). Sat down at an empty table in Pete's eats for egg and chips.
Love the Lakes but Snowdonia is better , less people, less hassle, less expensive ,loads of climbing and far more scrambling routes.
 Bulls Crack 22 Jul 2017
In reply to Moley:

> Simply walk the Cambrian Way, all the best is there, except maybe the coast.

> I've never been to the Lakes, no need to as I live in Wales, without the tourists.

You should - even if just to confirm your prejudice
 Bulls Crack 22 Jul 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

Love Wales but given the choice I'd live near the Lakes
OP Oogachooga 22 Jul 2017
In reply to jezb1:
I've changed that now Cheers. When we were there last weekend, the guy in a camping shop near Porthmadog did repeat it a few times but too quickly to pick it out properly.

Thanks for the nice comments guys
Post edited at 22:02

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...