Recommend me a family tent please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MNA123 19 Jul 2017
Hello all,

As title suggests. With a family of 5, sun, sea and sand holidays in a bog standard spanish hotel are silly money. Therefore we have taken the decision to become a camping family.

Currently looking at spending around 500quid(ish) on a decent sized family tent. Plan is to be mainly used for a couple of weeks each summer in france or devon/cornwall. Possibly used more often depending on time/funds.

Been looking at Go Outdoors and they seem to have a few decent choices however im not too sure what classes as a 'decent' family tent. The last tent i bought was a lightweight 2 man for wild camping sport climbing trips abroad ( don't go on many of them anymore.... ) so big massive ones are not something ive purchased before.

Only real stipulation is that it needs to be a front opening one, with the bedrooms at the back and with 3 bedrooms, however will consider 2.

I await your knowledge and wisdom....
 hpil 19 Jul 2017
In reply to Adam Moroz:

we started with an Outwell montana 4 for our family of 4, then upgraded to a Montana 6 so we had more space - both in the bedrooms and living space during grot weather. They are pricey - think go outdoors might have bought the rights to the older design of montana 6 to sell under their own brand name. Thoroughly recommended - albeit only 2 bedrooms and not the 3 you are looking for. There is someone in the Outdoor Gear Exchange facebook page selling a 5yr old one ...
OP MNA123 19 Jul 2017
In reply to Dell:

Sold on the price alone!
OP MNA123 19 Jul 2017
In reply to hpil:

Brilliant, thanks for that i shall check it out.

Come on people keep the suggestions coming please.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...