New Lower Wye Valley Guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richhowells 17 Jul 2017
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has an idea when the new Lower Wye Valley guide book will be out? Heard it was supposed to land by end of June and here we are, no guide in sight and little to no info on expected arrival. I'd rather not buy the ten year old guide with supplement if the new one is imminent. Any help greatly appreciated.

Rich
 bpmclimb 17 Jul 2017
In reply to Richhowells:

Hi Rich. The ten year old guide plus supplement is still what you need for all the lovely trad
The new sport book shouldn't be long at all, to the best of my knowledge - just weeks rather than months.
Brian
OP Richhowells 17 Jul 2017
In reply to bpmclimb:

Thanks Brian, much appreciated. I'll pick up the old one for all the trad routes in the area, hopefully it'll have a lot of easy stuff to cut my teeth on. Thugging up Klute and Trial at Wynd Cliff was somewhat overambitious, even as a second! Think I need to serve a proper apprenticeship first.
 GrahamD 18 Jul 2017
In reply to bpmclimb:

Bloody hell ! 10 years ! I still haven't got that guide and still think of it as the 'new' guide. I'm feeling older than I was 5 minutes ago.
pasbury 18 Jul 2017
In reply to Richhowells:
Wyndcliff is not noted for it's gentle introductory passages!
Post edited at 13:59
 bpmclimb 18 Jul 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

> Bloody hell ! 10 years ! I still haven't got that guide and still think of it as the 'new' guide. I'm feeling older than I was 5 minutes ago.

I'm on my second copy; my first one fell apart
 crimpsoplenty 18 Jul 2017
In reply to Richhowells:

Who is publishing the new guide? Very much looking forward to it, a pain trying to count routes and decipher from UKc at wyndcliffe although does make for some amusing mistakes
 bpmclimb 18 Jul 2017
In reply to crimpsoplenty:

The publisher is Great Western Rock; there's a Facebook page at Wye Valley Sport Climbing.

Regarding the Wyndcliffe Quarry UKC page: there are no topos, but (although I say so myself) at least everything's there, in the right order, and almost all the routes have some sort of description; I would hope that not much deciphering is necessary - it could be a lot worse, anyway :0
 thomasadixon 20 Jul 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

Same! It's hard to believe I've been climbing that long... Was pretty impressed with the guide when it came out but then moved away, also a bloody long time ago now I think about it. Definitely getting old.
 leland stamper 20 Jul 2017
In reply to bpmclimb:

PK is saying 29th at Dicks Climbing
 Mr. Lee 20 Jul 2017
In reply to Richhowells:

There's some excellent topos on the cc website for all but Wintours in case that is enough to keep you going in the short term.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...