New world record for mile.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Moley 09 Jul 2017
5m 31secs, for Brit Tom Bosworth, walking. That's a quick walk for anyone!
 Brass Nipples 09 Jul 2017
In reply to Moley:

Video link?

Yanis Nayu 09 Jul 2017
In reply to Lion Bakes:

No paint to watch drying?
 steveriley 10 Jul 2017
In reply to Moley:

I really struggle with this. Impressive speed and something I could only dream of with both feet off the ground. But the thing is, his are. And all the other race walkers. The BBC clearly made an editorial decision to focus on the top half of the walkers because it's very easy to spot them lifting. The whole sport relies on allowing a limited number of infractions visible to the 'naked eye'. Too judgement-based, too fiddly for me.

Or as my eldest said: 'that's just running weirdly!'
 DaveHK 10 Jul 2017
In reply to Moley:

Are there crawling, wandering and strolling records too? They would seem to have about the same standing.
 john arran 10 Jul 2017
In reply to steveriley:

> ... something I could only dream of with both feet off the ground.

Me too

john arran 10 Jul 2017
In reply to DaveHK:

> Are there crawling, wandering and strolling records too? They would seem to have about the same standing.

There used to be backwards-running and hopping races. Far easier to judge than almost-but-not-quite-run-lift-one-foot-on-the-ground-walking.
 DaveHK 10 Jul 2017
In reply to Moley:

You've posted this in the wrong forum too.
Moley 10 Jul 2017
In reply to DaveHK:

> You've posted this in the wrong forum too.

Not really, it seems to fall into the "running with a foot on the ground" category
I wonder how fast he could actually run?
 Shani 10 Jul 2017
In reply to steveriley:

> Or as my eldest said: 'that's just running weirdly!'

In 70's language, it is competitive 'mincing'.

BobtheBagger 15 Jul 2017
In reply to Moley:

I raced many years ago, when in my teens, and at that time it was clear......maintain unbroken contact with the ground......having watched the 'record' it was very easy to see almost all of them were clearly 'lifting' so I'm afraid that made it a bit of a non-event. After that showing I can't see walking appearing at anymore Diamond League type meetings.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...