Tent pole size for old tent?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 01 Jul 2017
I think I'm being a bit hopefully here but...

I have an old tent (probably about 12 year old) from Black's called "Black's Shetland", it's a basic 4 man dome tent - two long flexible poles cross to make the dome, and one shorter flexible pole makes the porch area...

BUT... I have the poles from a random other old tent and they are the wrong size.

I know you can get new poles online easily but I don't know what pole size I need, the instructions don't say, and I can't find any information on the tent model having ever existed on the internet....

Does anyone
a) have this tent (ha!) and know the pole measurements/want to sell me the poles
b) have some fool proof way of knowing how long the poles should be for a given tent...
or
c) think I just need to use trial and error to see what size poles make it pitch right?

ta.
In reply to elliot.baker:

If you have a pole that is long enough, put it into the old tent until the hoop is obviously formed and taut. Mark and measure that pole. Order pile of that size.

Alternatively, order a pile somewhat longer, and cut it to length. Explain to the pole supplier you will need to do this, so they can leave one pole end unfixed. Or buy a suitable pole kit.
 bouldery bits 01 Jul 2017
In reply to captain paranoia:

I hope no one has to cut their piles.
In reply to bouldery bits:

Bloody spell 'checker'...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...