Roughly 4 season family tents? 2 parents & 1 child.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 23 Jun 2017

Some friends are looking for a family, and having had a bit of a look on their behalf, 4 season family tents seem to be rather thin on the ground.

Has anybody ever found a family tent which is fairly robust?

Many thanks.

Tim
 wbo 23 Jun 2017
In reply to Timmd: what's their budget? Have they been to Decathlon yet?

OP Timmd 23 Jun 2017
In reply to wbo:

I don't know to either of those, am just looking for recommendations really. I get the feeling they'll spend a lot on the right tent.
 wbo 23 Jun 2017
In reply to Timmd: well i have this Vaude tent I've used for family camping for 10 years with various combinations of children and adults. It was a good price and has done a lot of days but is nearing the end - the tape is. Starting to peel off. One thing - it isn't small or light - it generally comes from the back of the car.

I think your friends need to go and look at some tents

OP Timmd 23 Jun 2017
In reply to wbo:

What tent would that be?

They probably do need to go look at tents, but they've not been unknown to buy online and make good choices with things most people check out first.
 wbo 23 Jun 2017
In reply to Timmd: the closest thing Vaude make now is a Campo. ITS done pretty well for not much money.

Really you need to see these things pack and unpacked - it greatly reduced the chance of a bad choice

OP Timmd 23 Jun 2017
In reply to wbo:

Thanks, I shall pass on that helpful tip.
 Mal Grey 25 Jun 2017
In reply to Timmd:

Friends with 2 kids (now 8 and 6) have an Alpkit Zhota, which has proven excellent for them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...