Karrimor Hot Ice Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 22 Jun 2017
Anyone know anything about these boots??. I know the brand is a bit rubbish but I'm thinking of getting these as a spare set to use for general hiking and to spare the wear and tear on my La Sportivas. They are on offer at the moment for £80
Bellie 26 Jun 2017
In reply to goatee:

I saw these online a few days ago too. I'm selling a pair of Trango Evo's for my OH, so from the looks of it they look the same boot and sole. I know some of the Karrimor stuff can be ok, and some of the boots dreadful - from reports of soles dropping off etc, but its hard to think that these La Sportiva 'copies' would be poorer, as it looks identical material etc.

So not sure what the story is on them... but a good price if they are up to scratch.
 Graham 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Bellie:

I don't know anything about these boots but I just wanted to point out that the sole is NOT the same as the Trango S Evo.
Bellie 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Graham:

Fair enough - I stand corrected. Further inspection of the ones here - I can see the difference now. My bad.

OP goatee 28 Jun 2017
In reply to Bellie:

I went and got a pair and I have already taken them out for a wet outing. They are a comfortable lightweight boot with similar materials to the Trangos but definitely not of the same quality. The sole unit is actually quite good but has good grip, support and cushioning and seems a good quality. They are a wide fit so a half size smaller than my La Sportivas was a good call. They are definitely not waterproof as I had wet feet from early doors but I didn't expect them to be at that price. Overall I am quite happy with them and they will definitely be fine as a back up pair that I can use to basically make my Trango Cubes last longer (the sole unit wears very quickly) but I will have to wait and see it they endure for a while. They would make a fine boot for scrambling etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...