COMPETITION: WINNER - Win a Goal Zero Solar Panel / Nomad 7 Plus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Goal Zero Nomad Hero image, 4 kbThe innovative Nomad solar panels have been reengineered to be lighter and smarter than their predecessors, with a detachable kickstand for modularity and patent-pending electronics to ensure the best solar charging experience - even when charging phones directly from the sun.

Read more
 simes303 21 Jun 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

I've got one of these:
http://amzn.to/2rPuPhR
which is half the price and twice the output.
In decent sunlight it'll charge two smartphones simultaneously at full current.
That's not a guess, I've measured it.
Si.
In reply to simes303:
It's also out of stock...

In addition to that, whilst you make complaints about price on each thread we publish you seem to have no problem with directing people towards Amazon - a company that is guilty of massive tax avoidance. May I suggest you re-calibrate your priorities and direct what money you do spend, irrespective of how much that is, towards companies that actually pay their taxes.
Post edited at 09:41
 Simon Caldwell 21 Jun 2017
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Or buy from Amazon and donate part of your saving to charity?
 Tom F Harding 21 Jun 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

I have an Anker PowerPort Solar Lite - half the price of the Goal Zero and absolutely superb.(https://www.anker.com/products/A2422011) Available from well know web retailers.
 simes303 21 Jun 2017
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> It's also out of stock...

> In addition to that, whilst you make complaints about price on each thread we publish you seem to have no problem with directing people towards Amazon - a company that is guilty of massive tax avoidance. May I suggest you re-calibrate your priorities and direct what money you do spend, irrespective of how much that is, towards companies that actually pay their taxes.

Blimey, you sound cross.
I did a search for the solar charger and copied the first hit in the list, which just happened to be Amazon.
Someone recently suggested that instead of commenting purely on prices I could also suggest alternatives, which this time I did. I don't see what's wrong with that.
I've quite a bit of experience with solar chargers, and £70 odd quid for a 7 Watt panel is an awful lot.
Cheers, Si.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...