Tug of war with crampons on

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Red Rover 17 Jun 2017
I got involved in an inter village feud in a pub without really meaning to, and they want to put a tug of war team together to teach the other lot a lesson. The grudge match will be on grass, if I wear crampons is that unsporting? I warned them it would destroy the grass but they dont seem to mind. What would you do?
 Robert Durran 17 Jun 2017
In reply to Red Rover:

It's fine as long as the turf is properly frozen.
 Stichtplate 17 Jun 2017
In reply to Red Rover:

I can see you all going arse over tit and someone ending up with your front points where the sun doesn't shine.
cb294 17 Jun 2017
In reply to Red Rover:

No way if you value your knees!

CB
 Timmd 17 Jun 2017
In reply to Red Rover:
It could be a good way of pulling a knee? If you're strong and get to stand with your heels dug in all the time, it could be alright, but if you started putting your foot flatly on the ground if you started to lose ground, your feet could stick to the same spot enough for you to pull a knee as you got pulled forward by the other team?

Could be a good idea gone bad.
Post edited at 20:38
OP Red Rover 17 Jun 2017
In reply to Timmd:

OK thanks for the advice, maybe B3s with no crampon would be better? Then I could dig the heel in and just lean back. I'd like to win but not get injured.
cb294 17 Jun 2017
In reply to Red Rover:

B3s work well, and I speak from experience! We won a tug of war (prize 30 l of beer) against the neighbouring church parish 30 years ago!

CB
 Greasy Prusiks 18 Jun 2017
In reply to Red Rover:

I'd put a few warthogs in for good measure.
DanielByrd 18 Jun 2017
In reply to Red Rover:

Not a good idea if you value your knees, man
OP Red Rover 18 Jun 2017
In reply to all
Thanks for the knee warnings I didnt think about that. I think I'll go in the B3s and dig my heels in.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...