Can I buy white fuel for an msr in Saas Grund?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Aaron Ballard 13 Jun 2017
hey everyone,

Heading to Saas and wanted to know if it's worth taking my whisperlite. Anyone know if I can buy white fuel there?
Thank you in advance.
 BruceM 15 Jun 2017
I haven't been for 4 years but did for 4-5 years prior to that, and always took an msr. Usually stayed in the big campground in Saas Grund. Their store stocks some fuels, but I don't think they bothered with white gas. But found white gas within walking distance in at least one of the 2-3 reasonable sized outdoor stores in the two towns. There's at least one store down in Grund (somewhere down by the cable car), and 1 or 2 up in Fee. Times always change, but if I went again I would take my xgk and expect to find white gas.
Aaron Ballard 26 Jun 2017
In reply to BruceM:

Great, thanks. I reckon I'll take a punt and take it with me.
Cheers.
 Andy Hardy 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Aaron Ballard:

If you're driving through France, you can get "essence C" sold by hardware stores as dry cleaning fluid, but it is cheap as chips and basically Coleman fuel.

Definitely get C though, not F, because the latter burns hotter. Lots hotter.
 Toerag 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> Definitely get C though, not F, because the latter burns hotter. Lots hotter.

Why is that a problem?
 Andy Hardy 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Toerag:

My Coleman fuel stove went from normal hot to glowing cherry red / about to explode hot in less time than it has taken me to type this. Im pretty sure if I hadn't managed to turn it off it would've exploded.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...