The new Boreal Jokers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I am considering buying a pair of the New Joker rock shoes. Has anyone managed to find a pair with Velcro fastenings? And if so what do you think of them?
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

They're the ones who back Boris!
 Sean Kelly 10 Jun 2017

I tried a pair on in Cotswold recently and though they were insensitive. As they had the old style on offer at £50, too go to resist
 Greasy Prusiks 10 Jun 2017

I've tried the Velcro version but not for very long. They seemed good, not really my kind of shoe but they were very comfortable. Is there anything specific you want to know?
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:
My main question was where they were stocked - prefer to try on rather than net buy. I particularly like velcros and they seemed to be unavailable. I would use them mainly on walls and at middle grades. Several mates have the old ones & really like them. I was interested to hear if they were any different from those.
 Greasy Prusiks 11 Jun 2017

I tried them at Dicks Climbing in Bristol. They seemed pretty similar to the old ones to me but it's worth mentioning it's been a while since I used a pair of the old ones.

They felt really comfortable though, you could genuinely wear even a snug pair all day. Probably not what I'd choose for trying to push my grade but for a days cragging or an evening at the wall the felt good.

https://www.dicksclimbing.com/collections/footwear/products/boreal-joker-20...
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:
Thanks that is useful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...