La Sportiva Baruntse Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Barrystea 10 Jun 2017
Hi,

Am planning a trip to Elbrus in a month or so. Looking to pick up a pair of boots & not spend too much money. Would anyone have experience with the La Sportiva Baruntse boot? I am not in the UK so its very difficult to find a shop to get my correct size. I am a size 10.5 UK/45EU and already purchased a pair of Boreal G1 Lite in that size but they were too small. I was thinking of stepping up to a size 46EU in the Baruntse in the hope they might be a better fit. Would anyone have experience with the Baruntse sizing? I will be buying online unfortunately as there are very few shops in Ireland who stock such boots.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry
 TobyA 10 Jun 2017
In reply to Barrystea:

I've got a pair and they are great, I haven't needed them for the last few winters since moving back to the UK but bought them and used them mainly for cold weather Scandinavian ice climbing. I found I had snuggly toes standing around belaying on -17 days.

I bought the same size as my other Sportiva boots - have you used or tried on Nepals? My Baruntses feel very similar in fit/size to the Nepals, but remember they have thermo fit inners so you can put them in the oven and get them to fit even better or reduce pressure points etc.

I've not had to hike massive distances in mind but I don't see why they wouldn't be as good as any other big boots for that.
Barrystea 10 Jun 2017
In reply to TobyA:

Thanks Toby. I haven't tried the Nepals actually. I am a size 10.5/45 in my Meindl Burmas which i use here in Ireland. I suppose having that extra size up might allow moulding the inner/extra insole. I will be using them for the summit day on Elbrus for now but maybe Aconcagua in next few years. I might try and find a pair of Nepals in a shop here & try them on for size.

Barry
 TobyA 10 Jun 2017
In reply to Barrystea:

I should say my Nepals are 2000 vintage so I don't know if they have kept the same last but a pair might give you some ideas. I

I've done proper ice climbing in mine:
https://goo.gl/photos/PmvwenSkGU4BVVCx7
and they were good for that. I'd happily use them climbing in Scotland if I thought I might get cold toes - in reality I bet I can climb as well in them as I do in my light Trango Ice boots.
https://goo.gl/photos/xxAzenAupDFXseZF8
 Mr. Lee 10 Jun 2017
In reply to Barrystea:

The Baruntse and Spantik boots are both constructed from the Nuptse last so you could maybe try on some Spantiks to get an idea of size. La Sportiva say which lasts they use for all their boots on their website, which can be quite helpful in such situations. I always need to go up a size verses regular footwear btw so would guess you'd be looking at around a 46.
Barrystea 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Barrystea:

thanks all for the help.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...