Arc'teryx Psiphon SL, Gamma LT, Lefroy pants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
whereisearl 07 Jun 2017
Anyone any experience (good, bad or other wise) with the above mentioned pants for UK summer hill walking/ trekking use?
 BenCollis 07 Jun 2017
In reply to whereisearl:

Psiphon SL's are banging, use them for everything - climbing, scrambling, walking, even around the house. They weigh nothing but still feel durable, freekin love em'. Word of advice: they are a very tight cut, so I recommend going one size up, I'm a 30 so went for 32 and they fit perfectly.

Had the gamma LT's before, they were shite. They lasted a month then fell apart. They definitely stepped it up a notch with the Psiphon SL.
 GarethSL 07 Jun 2017
In reply to whereisearl:
I have the lefroy and psiphon. Used them for cragging, hiking and camping.

The Lefroy is quite a trim fit, well articulated, with good patterning and very breathable. Not very durable and keep away from fire. The Psiphons are ok. Slightly roomier in the leg and a little more durable, but mine began to fall appart at the seams. Thus are now relegated to 'sitting on the sofa' troos. Shame because the psiphon pullover is an absolutely excellent bit of kit.

An annoyance with all of these trousers is the short zippered fly and pockets that arent deep enough to hold anything of use.

My money would be on the Gamma LT's, tho I always miss out on getting a pair as the tall sizes that come in a colour other than black are annoyingly hard to come by.

Edit: What a wonderful contrast in experiences me and Ben have had with these trousers! But do agree you should consider sizing up as they do come tight in the waist, crotch and thigh.
Post edited at 13:41
whereisearl 07 Jun 2017
In reply to BenCollis:

Thanks, really helpful. One question did you have the old or the new revised Gamma LT's?
whereisearl 07 Jun 2017
In reply to GarethSL:

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask if both the Lefroy's and Psiphon SL's were in new condition which would you opt for for a summer weekend walking in the UK?
 GarethSL 07 Jun 2017
In reply to whereisearl:

Well given the choice it would really depend on the weather.

I find the Lefroy excellent in hot/humid weather. However, I used the psiphon on some big mountain routes with long walk-in's last summer and was very comfortable.

So for an average summer weekend walking, I would probably go for the Psiphons as I prefer the additional durability (I have holes in the lefroys where keys and pocket items have worn through).
 BenCollis 07 Jun 2017
In reply to whereisearl:

i had the old ones with the plastic buckle
 redscotti 07 Jun 2017
In reply to whereisearl:

For your use case, I'd go with craghoppers kiwis or decathlon simonds. Use the money saved to get out more. Of course, if they're for wearing down the pub, that's a different matter - people will judge you there on how you look.
 Luke90 07 Jun 2017
In reply to whereisearl:

Can't believe how positive the first two replies are whilst reporting quick failures on such expensive trousers. If I'd spent Arc'Teryx money on trousers that fell apart quickly, I think I would have sent them back and looked elsewhere for my next pair. I guess that shows they must be bloody amazing trousers when they stay together!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...