BMC Peak Area Meeting: 7 June, Grindleford

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Team BMC 30 May 2017

Come along to our next gathering of Peak District climbers and walkers and get involved in the work of the BMC. Area meetings are run by volunteers and are your chance to join in with debate and influence decisions about what happens in your area as well as the rest of the country.Date: Wednesday 7 June 2017, starting at 7.30pm
Venue: The Maynard, Main Road, Grindleford S32 2HE
All are welcome; food will be provided by the BMC.
See the BMC Local Areas site for more details of the meeting and to download the latest Peak Area Newsletter: http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=3859
Post edited at 12:48
 Offwidth 07 Jun 2017
In reply to Team BMC:

If anyone fancies some fun bouldering before the meeting tonight I'll be at Stanage somewhere around Rim to Apparent North from about 5.00pm on stuff from easy upto f6A, initially with Moff but she has to leave early for a pre meeting.
In reply to Team BMC:

I'll be there too...obviously...

We've also got a great speaker lined up, a true dark horse, on-sighter of many routes, and possessor of fantastic hair - Andy Reeve. Whilst I have absolutely no idea what he's actually going to talk about, he's done a lot of really interesting stuff, from new routing in Shetland to Patagonia, to extended road-trips throughout the US. He's no slouch closer to home either, being an able operator on both the Grit and the Lime.

Hopefully see you all there!
 Chris the Tall 07 Jun 2017
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Have to make my apologies I'm afraid.

Sorry to hear you're stepping down from Nat Council - well done and thanks for your efforts during a difficult time.
 John Gresty 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Team BMC:

I was hoping to be at the meeting after visiting the RHS Chatsworth Flower Show, but after the chaos there we just wanted to get home. We expected the traffic to be bad, but it was worse, and then to cap it all the meal we had booked for 2.00pm wasn't going to available until at least 3.30pm, so we fled back to Derby and went to the local curry house.
Hopefully we will get a refund on the meals, but we are not confident.

John Gresty
In reply to John Gresty:

Hi John,

Sorry you couldn't make it. The minutes should be up in the next couple of weeks, but if you've got any questions feel free to post them up here. It probably wasn't my finest moment of chairing, but I think we got a good outcome for the two main issues on the table - Aldery and Horseshoe - plus a good round-up from Rab Carrington regarding the BMC's organisational review.

Hope to see you at the next meeting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...