REVIEW: Osprey Talon 22

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 30 May 2017
Osprey Talon 22 montage, 4 kbThis well made little bag wouldn't be a great choice for a dedicated climbing pack, says Dan Bailey, but for light walking, scrambling or running days it is spot on.

Read more
 ChrisH89 31 May 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

If I recall the climbing style gear loop at the base of the pack is intended to be part of the trekking pole stowing system to stop them from dangling around your torso. I'm still not convinced by it though and have never used it...
 TobyA 31 May 2017
In reply to ChrisH89:

Yeah, my backpacking Osprey pack has the same system I think. You shove the bottom of the poles into that loop down on the base of the body of the pack then put the bit on the shoulder straps around the handles of the poles. You can then scramble or whatever without the poles in the way. I haven't used it much but it has come in handy from time to time. You might not do some big scramble like Bristly Ridge with pole stashed like that, but for a short way it works fine.

In reply to ChrisH89:

Oh I see now... thanks for clearing that up. I agree though - still unconvinced
 TobyA 31 May 2017
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

How about chopping your banana in half for the little shoulder strap pockets Dan? Or alternatively some energy gels or a compass fits well in those pockets on my Osprey.
In reply to TobyA:

It'd have to be an odd shaped compass to fit this wee pocket Toby... Energy gels? You're welcome to that filthy stuff
 TobyA 31 May 2017
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

> It'd have to be an odd shaped compass to fit this wee pocket Toby...
OK, must be smaller than on my (considerably bigger backpacking) Osprey

> Energy gels? You're welcome to that filthy stuff
Agreed - kind of gross. I take them cycling with me but even then a pork pie from a shop or cake in a cafe is the considerably better option!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...