Your film of the week (22 May- 28 May)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 29 May 2017
I did not see anything at the cinema last week so, in order to be consistent and only report on my cinema screenings, I'll say nothing this week.
 Offwidth 29 May 2017
In reply to Blue Straggler:

?? You just said something

I watched The Warrier: a beautiful visual fable on violence set in India that most people have probably never heard of but I'd recommend; and the better known and also critically acclaimed The Room, that deals wonderfully with the bits after the escape that the normal crime films leave out. Last night I watched Independance Daysaster which was almost as much fun as the big brother. Also watched The Shooter about corruption and assassinations in the Congo and found it much better than the critics ratings (maybe they were hard on the film as the cast of main players was so impressive).
In reply to Offwidth:
> ?? You just said something I watched The Warrier: a beautiful visual fable on violence set in India that most people have probably never heard of but I'd recommend

Asif Kapadia's "The Warrior" from around 2001, massively acclaimed and with a wide UK release at the time and still spoken of as a modern classic? Or another "Warrior" (or "Warrier"?)

> and the better known and also critically acclaimed The Room, that deals wonderfully with the bits after the escape that the normal crime films leave out.

Lenny Abrahamson's "Room" starring Brie Larson, or Tommy Wiseau's infamous "The Room" often named as the worst film ever?!

> also watched The Shooter about corruption and assassinations in the Congo and found it much better than the critics ratings (maybe they were hard on the film as the cast of main players was so impressive).

If you mean "The Gunman" (as opposed to 1995 Dolph Lundgren film The Shooter) then I think people were hard on the film because Sean Penn has always been so outspoken about guns etc and then suddenly he's playing some sort-of "heroic" gunman!
Post edited at 13:32
 wilkie14c 29 May 2017

Went to see GOTG 2 last week with the underling, we'd not seen the first bit wish we had now. The second was great fun with non stop gags and action, lovely visuals that i'd not seen the like of since avatar. Good wholesome fun, 7.5/10

Underling then went on to see pirates of the caribbean 5? she's a fan girl so says it was great but i'll wait until i've seen it before judging. Depp has always played second fiddle to Rush in my eyes, Knightly was fantastic too but depp is the same same in every film
 Offwidth 29 May 2017
The Warrior, Room, and (a genuine slip) The Gunman. Please don't tell me there is another disaster B movie out their who's name is a pun on ID.
Post edited at 13:55
In reply to Offwidth:

> Please don't tell me there is another disaster B movie out their who's name is a pun on ID.

I'll bet there are several but you can Google them!!

In reply to Offwidth:

> there is another disaster B movie out their who's name is a pun on ID.

A better one

Independents' Day

Ava Adore 30 May 2017

After a long gap in cinema trips, was persuaded to go to see Pirates 5. Found it overwhelmingly meh.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...